Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the menu, I could go nuts in there!!

Russ
Frisch's is a regional chain, and something of a tradition for folks in this area. They're especially popular on Fridays for their fried fish sandwich.

So you know how Americans use ketchup on fries, and Belgians are identified with using mayo, and Brits with malt vinegar...Frisch's has its own thing - if you're in Frisch's with a Big Boy platter (a Big Boy is like a Big Mac, but with tartar sauce instead of "special sauce"), you'll notice nearly everyone using seasoned salt on their fries and dipping them in tartar sauce.

Frisch's is a regional chain, and something of a tradition for folks in this area. They're especially popular on Fridays for their fried fish sandwich.

So you know how Americans use ketchup on fries, and Belgians are identified with using mayo, and Brits with malt vinegar...Frisch's has its own thing - if you're in Frisch's with a Big Boy platter (a Big Boy is like a Big Mac, but with tartar sauce instead of "special sauce"), you'll notice nearly everyone using seasoned salt on their fries and dipping them in tartar sauce.

I especially love garlic aioli !! But everything else I'd eat with my fries. Grandkids too on the aioli . They love it.

Russ

Oh that looks great!
Thanks. Now that I've made hash browns in my waffle iron, I'll never make them any other way again.

I no longer call it my waffle iron - now it's my hash brown maker. :)

Scrambled eggs look perfect.

Russ
Thanks. These are cooked a little harder, for my wife, but at the same time, they're full of cheese, so cutting into them, they look a bit on the runny side - a happy compromise.

Thanks. Now that I've made hash browns in my waffle iron, I'll never make them any other way again.

I no longer call it my waffle iron - now it's my hash brown maker. :)

Thanks. These are cooked a little harder, for my wife, but at the same time, they're full of cheese, so cutting into them, they look a bit on the runny side - a happy compromise.

I have a multi tasking waffle maker arriving today! And hash browns are one thing I'll be making. It has removable plates so you can make toasted sandwiches, paninis & doughnuts

Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm not sure if my single kitchen window is placed very well for letting in much light.

Where is the window in relation to the plates in the above photos? My kitchen is really darkly lit with one window facing a wall - but I get good results if I put the plate in the right place.

Where is the window in relation to the plates in the above photos? My kitchen is really darkly lit with one window facing a wall - but I get good results if I put the plate in the right place.
My kitchen is shaped like an L flipped bottom-to-top, so the short leg across the top and the long leg down the left side.

The window would be to the left of and behind the plate a bit, meaning the plate would be on the short leg, and the window is along the long leg, about halfway down.

In the top picture, behind the strawbs, you can see my digital scale - that sits right in the corner, and the window is a few feet down the wall from that.

The window would be to the left of and behind the plate a bit, meaning the plate would be on the short leg, and the window is along the long leg, about halfway down.

That is more or less where mine is in relation to the plate if I'm shooting from the front of the counter. But I also take pics leaning over the counter - so the window is to the right of the plate. We should adjourn this discussion to Food Blogging and Food Photography maybe. I can take some shots of my kitchen arrangements re where I photograph tomorrow.

Sorry if I am boring members here... and off topic.

That is more or less where mine is in relation to the plate if I'm shooting from the front of the counter. But I also take pics leaning over the counter - so the window is to the right of the plate. We should adjourn this discussion to Food Blogging and Food Photography maybe. I can take some shots of my kitchen arrangements re where I photograph tomorrow.

Sorry if I am boring members here... and off topic.
I should add that my window faces southwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom