Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually just have muesli with yoghurt and milk for breakfast (no pic I'm afraid). I've changed brands this week because the one I was having seems to be rationing the fruit and nuts in theirs. I now have the Riverford ones, but they are expensive. They are made by the same people who make some for Sainsbury's but the proportions of the ingredients is different. Sometimes for a change I have eggs, or porridge, or whey pancakes with fruit and yoghurt, and other times I just pinch a couple of the dog's Weetabix.

Muesli smoothiebowl with strawberries and dried cherries.

No pic of my breakfast (Cream Of Wheat, sausage patties, toast, and tea), but I did want to share this:
MrsTasty was in charge of the toast. Who leaves this scant amount of butter behind when buttering two pieces of toast?! I'll tell you who...a sick mind, that's who! 🤪

That just might be 1/4 tsp of butter. It was such a small amount, I just picked it up and ate it as-is while cleaning off the countertop.

See what I put up with? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No pic of my breakfast (Cream Of Wheat, sausage patties, toast, and tea), but I did want to share this:
MrsTasty was in charge of the toast. Who leaves this scant amount of butter behind when buttering two pieces of toast?! I'll tell you who...a sick mind, that's who! 🤪

That just might be 1/4 tsp of butter. It was such a small amount, I just picked it up and ate it as-is while cleaning off the countertop.

See what I put up with? 🤷🏻‍♂️
If DH gets up in the morning before I do, I can usually count on finding him sitting at my computer playing his card game. That used to really bug the daylights out of me. Why isn't he busy doing something around the house. Then one day I thought, God forbid, what if he died before me? One of the things about him I would miss would be coming out here to the office and see him sitting at the computer. What would you miss? Just food for thought.

If DH gets up in the morning before I do, I can usually count on finding him sitting at my computer playing his card game. That used to really bug the daylights out of me. Why isn't he busy doing something around the house. Then one day I thought, God forbid, what if he died before me? One of the things about him I would miss would be coming out here to the office and see him sitting at the computer. What would you miss? Just food for thought.

Start a new thread!

I don't think so. It is too sad and depressing to even think about. It was meant for one person.

I don't think so. It is too sad and depressing to even think about. It was meant for one person.
Did you mean me? I assume so, since it was my post you responded to.

If so...my wife is generally a very negative person. She always sees the downside of everything and always expects the worst.

But...every so often, very rarely, something makes her very happy, usually something Christmas-related, and for just a small moment, for just a wink in time, she forgets all the miserable things in life, and smiles, and it's a very nice smile indeed.

As rare as it is, I would miss that.

Crumbs in butter - now you are talking. That is so horrible... I scrape them all off if anyone does that. Nowadays it rarely happens as my son is no longer living here.
I absolutely hate crumbs in the butter, but the wife - that's her calling card.

I butter toast like I'm frosting a cake - I slather it on. When she butters toast, she gets the smallest amount possible on time knife, then scrape, scrape, scrape, creating a ton of crumbs on the counter and in the knife, then she dives back in for just a bit more butter - repeat five or six times, and there's still very little butter on the toast!

Last edited:
Did you mean me? I assume so, since it was my post you responded to.

If so...my wife is generally a very negative person. She always sees the downside of everything and always expects the worst.

But...every so often, very rarely, something makes her very happy, usually something Christmas-related, and for just a small moment, for just a wink in time, she forgets all the miserable things in life, and smiles, and it's a very nice smile indeed.

As rare as it is, I would miss that.
Thank you, I knew you would have an answer.

Crumbs in butter - now you are talking.
That reminds me of when we were cycling around the world.

We'd have a game of working out what the mystery ingredient was in our evening meal. It came about because of the distinct lack of cutlery being carried which meant I often ended up with coffee granules in the sugar.
One if the things my Grannie always used to do was to add 1tsp of sugar to any dish with a tin or more of tomatoes in it. It added to the taste considerably and was her secret ingredient in her wonderful vegetable lasagne.
Whilst cycling, one of our standard meals, (called standard meal no 1) was a one pot meal, friend onion and veg, whatever we'd picked up, a tin of beans for protein (or lentils, again usually different each night), a tsp of sugar with a tin of tomatoes, a tin of water, some herbs and spices, and the pasta added at the end to cook out in the extra water as it boiled off.

One night a rather tired husband added a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of coffee to our evening meal instead of the coffee mugs to the side because he'd seen coffee in the sugar and didn't think about which pot he added it to add he extracted that coffee granules behind my back.

From then on we started a game of guess the mystery ingredient... (he stated buying something to add, such as olives or apricots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom