Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Yup. Typical Dutch thing to do. We eat savory sandwiches for breakfast all the time.
What the Dutch Eat for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
What this says for 'lunch' can easily be a Dutch breakfast too. We just eat lots of bread with toppings.
When we stay in hotels in Europe, a lot of the provided breakfasts are a mix of continental and UK/American breakfast foods, and it’s fun watching what people from different countries/regions have for breakfast, because we’ll see everything from eggs and bacon to bowls of muesli and yogurt to lunchmeat-and-cheese sandwiches.

When we stay in hotels in Europe, a lot of the provided breakfasts are a mix of continental and UK/American breakfast foods, and it’s fun watching what people from different countries/regions have for breakfast, because we’ll see everything from eggs and bacon to bowls of muesli and yogurt to lunchmeat-and-cheese sandwiches.
I am actually an outlier here because I rarely eat sandwiches for either lunch or breakfast. I prefer toast for my breakfast.
And lunch could be anything.

I think the standard Dutch meal pattern is very boring, though it's definitely not common anymore to eat potatoes for dinner every day.
But the sandwich culture is still prevalent.

My husband eats oatmeal for breakfast, and sandwiches for lunch every day without exception.

Don't forget some parts of Asia, where noodles/soups, fish and rice are common for breakfast. Japan especially.

1659276080985.jpeg

CD

Same thing when we go to Mexico, people from S America, US, Canada, Europe...lots of different things going on.

We ate at our nephew's and wife's house last night and they sent us home with leftovers, so I repurposed chicken kebabs into a potato hash.

Hubbys breakfast:

We like extra crispy potatoes.

Here's mine (I don't like cheese on mine and much smaller portion):

Last edited:
Yup. Typical Dutch thing to do. We eat savory sandwiches for breakfast all the time.
What the Dutch Eat for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
What this says for 'lunch' can easily be a Dutch breakfast too. We just eat lots of bread with toppings.
I think it's the style of sandwich that threw me because I can clearly remember bread, cheese and other bits for breakfast as a teenager going to school in Germany. It's just it wasn't that type of bread or sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom