Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the style of sandwich that threw me because I can clearly remember bread, cheese and other bits for breakfast as a teenager going to school in Germany. It's just it wasn't that type of bread or sandwich.
Yeah but we're not Germany. Their bread is quite different. And the toppings too. Here everything goes, as long as it's bread. We have that in common with Americans.

Sunday breakfast - toast with butter, a good sprinkle of grated cheese, topped with pan fried tomato, onion & eggs with some pork chipolata

Since I’m in the office today, meeting my “best friend at work” for breakfast.

Now, Morning Glory, I’m going to give you fair warning, just scroll on by, as you’re not going to like what you see or what I describe.

I had scrambled eggs, sausage links, hash browns, and rye toast:

Sugar ‘n’ Spice is known for their unique style of scrambled eggs, they’re a city institution, but they’re really more like an omelette. You can’t see it from the picture, but those eggs are a good inch-and-a-half thick, whipped full of air and very fluffy. I think they may even have a little baking powder in them for extra lift.

My friend had pancakes and goetta:

Before eating, his goetta was treated with maple syrup and hot sauce.

And, to be inclusive, MrsT texted me her breakfast from LaGuardia airport in NYC:

That’s a spinach frittata, potatoes, and side salad.

Now, @Morning Glory, I’m going to give you fair warning, just scroll on by, as you’re not going to like what you see or what I describe.

I didn't mind that so much. As you say, its more like an omelette. In fact it looks remarkably similar to MrsT's frittata (her plate for breakfast is more than I eat for lunch or dinner).

What did I have for breakfast? Hmm... it was a glass of kombucha which is seriously delicious. Its a fermented lemonade and is about 10 calories a glass. I love it and have been drinking it in place of wine some of the time. That has to be good.

Since I’m in the office today, meeting my “best friend at work” for breakfast.

View attachment 88582

View attachment 88584
View attachment 88586

Now, Morning Glory, I’m going to give you fair warning, just scroll on by, as you’re not going to like what you see or what I describe.

I had scrambled eggs, sausage links, hash browns, and rye toast:
View attachment 88585
Sugar ‘n’ Spice is known for their unique style of scrambled eggs, they’re a city institution, but they’re really more like an omelette. You can’t see it from the picture, but those eggs are a good inch-and-a-half thick, whipped full of air and very fluffy. I think they may even have a little baking powder in them for extra lift.

My friend had pancakes and goetta:

View attachment 88583
Before eating, his goetta was treated with maple syrup and hot sauce.

And, to be inclusive, MrsT texted me her breakfast from LaGuardia airport in NYC:

View attachment 88587
That’s a spinach frittata, potatoes, and side salad.
I've never heard of goetta. I'm going go Google it.

Edit: nope. No goetta for me.

Isn't that the same as Scrapple?
Close.

Obviously, Goetta is better than scrapple

I personally would not touch either one. But I also don't eat hot dogs, bologna, brauts, etc. I will occasionally use sausage but usually it's not really sausage, but instead ground pork tenderloin with herbs and seasoning that I made, or sausage made by my husband's cousin--so I know what's in it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom