Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll post pics of the diner later, but this was this morning’s breakfast:

View attachment 93120

Very similar (if not the same), to the breakfast I made my partner this morning (no photos), which was fried egg, streaky bacon and fried (left over) potatoes. Main difference was the eggs, which had no 'film' over the yolk. He didn't get bread with his either.

Pics, as promised, since I’ve never been here before:

Very similar (if not the same), to the breakfast I made my partner this morning (no photos), which was fried egg, streaky bacon and fried (left over) potatoes. Main difference was the eggs, which had no 'film' over the yolk. He didn't get bread with his either.

His look like over-easy eggs, which are very popular in the US. You flip the fried eggs for the last 30 seconds or so to firm up the whites.

CD

I take it the turkey sausage was for Mrs T and her WW diet. I know you like whole wheat tortillas. Even with those flaws, I would eat that, and not complain.
Thanks. That was indeed for MrsT’s diet - Jennie-O brand. The taste, in something else, was very close to pork breakfast sausage, but the texture was way off. I don’t think I’d be able to eat it as a stand-alone patty.

His look like over-easy eggs, which are very popular in the US.
That’s exactly what they were.

His look like over-easy eggs, which are very popular in the US. You flip the fried eggs for the last 30 seconds or so to firm up the whites.

CD

I asked about what 'over easy' eggs were a while back and I'm sure someone said its when the yolk is basted with oil (which also produces the filmy effect). Maybe I didn't understand... 🤷‍♀️

I asked about what 'over easy' eggs were a while back and I'm sure someone said its when the yolk is basted with oil (which also produces the filmy effect). Maybe I didn't understand... 🤷‍♀️

Those are basted eggs (with butter in the US), while over easy eggs are actually flipped "over." You get the same results, just using different methods.

CD

Met one of my brothers and his kid for breakfast this morning and had a good visit. I don’t get to talk to him much.

That dish of biscuits and gravy is with chipped beef, just like we make at home, which is unusual here, because it’s always sausage gravy.

At one point, the owner/cook came out and asked how everything was, and I commented on the chipped beef gravy, and she said, “I don’t make it every day, but sometimes, it just sounds good, so I make it for myself mainly, but I’ll make some extra if anyone wants it.”

I mentioned that my wife loves it, and never has gotten used to sausage gravy, and she replied, “Grab a card and call before coming over and bring your wife, and I’ll make it for her while you’re driving over.”

And that, my friends, is how you build a customer base.

View attachment 93253

View attachment 93254
View attachment 93255
View attachment 93256
View attachment 93257
View attachment 93258

Met one of my brothers and his kid for breakfast this morning and had a good visit. I don’t get to talk to him much.

That dish of biscuits and gravy is with chipped beef, just like we make at home, which is unusual here, because it’s always sausage gravy.

At one point, the owner/cook came out and asked how everything was, and I commented on the chipped beef gravy, and she said, “I don’t make it every day, but sometimes, it just sounds good, so I make it for myself mainly, but I’ll make some extra if anyone wants it.”

I mentioned that my wife loves it, and never has gotten used to sausage gravy, and she replied, “Grab a card and call before coming over and bring your wife, and I’ll make it for her while you’re driving over.”

And that, my friends, is how you build a customer base.
Is that whipped cream on the pancakes next to the potatoes? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom