Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, MG is going to faint when she reads that. A hard cooked fried egg AND mayo. :eek:

CD
…and the yolk busted first!

I think I’m about to be kicked off the forum. You know how castles have priest holes, where priests could hide away quick when they were being persecuted?

I’m envisioning a future where I’ll need an egg hole, a little room hidden in a false wall, where I cook and eat hard scrambled eggs with mayonnaise on supermarket white bread, without fear of reprisal!

I don't understand. Mayo goes in egg salad. Mayo on an egg sandwich is basically the same thing, except the egg is cooked different. Mind you, I ONLY put mayo in egg salad. But to each their own.
:giggle:

Mango & vanilla soy protein smoothie with two scoops of protein powder.

Is that normal that the cheese isn't melted? And how are the green peppers - crunchy?
It isn’t unusual, I’ll put it that way. There was also cheese inside, and that was melted, and the peppers and onions were cooked until nearly completely soft - fried on the grill/griddle.

One thing I’ll say - three people were working; husband-and-wife owners and one server, and both the husband and wife greeted me when I sat down, asked me how I was doing, asked how my food was, and personally thanked me for coming in once I got up to pay the bill.

I love western omelettes.

Love the classic old fashion diner! We don't have many left in my area of New Jersey. :(

Is it mostly North Jersey that has the old-fashioned diners now? My maternal grandfather used to take me to one in Phillipsburg when I was a kid for breakfast. Last time I looked, it was still there. That was just a few years ago.

CD

Is it mostly North Jersey that has the old-fashioned diners now? My maternal grandfather used to take me to one in Phillipsburg when I was a kid for breakfast. Last time I looked, it was still there. That was just a few years ago.

CD
Not many in the north. Bendix Diner (has been in some movies and commercials) is still on Rt. 17 north in Hasbrouck Heights (?). A few others still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom