Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast was...
Oh crap, it was 1.15pm and I still hadn´t eaten. Suddenly, I felt hungry, and all of a sudden I began to smell things again.
Spaghetti aglio e olio. Yep. Filled the gap and at least I could taste some of the garlic.
Dinner? Cauliflower cheese, just like Yorky, but sprinkled with sliced onion before browning.
Tastebuds are returning, slowly but surely.
My nose, on the other hand, feels like the All Blacks have been trampling over it.

Glad your taste/smell is coming back!

Yep, little by little. I woke up this morning to the smell of cochinita pibil, could actually taste the red onions (and the habaneros, of course) in the salsa I made, and am finally able to distinguish between amber ale and IPA.

Good! I was very worried we lose you from the forum if your taste went. I know I'd find it hard to cook or engage with a cooking forum if I couldn't taste anything.

Waking up to cochinita pibil is a great welcome back in to the world of smell/taste!

Good! I was very worried we lose you from the forum if your taste went. I know I'd find it hard to cook or engage with a cooking forum if I couldn't taste anything.
Yes, it´s very true, and it´s tough to enthuse about a dish when you can´t taste it properly.
The only thing that´s bugging me at the moment is that I can´t go downtown to my favourite cigar shop and enjoy a stogie:
Me Father´s Day 2020.jpg

Breakfast fruit plate with an apple and two fresh figs.
View attachment 93857
Unpictured toast with paté

We had a pretty big fig tree in the yard of our lake house. It yielded a lot of fruit. I miss that tree.

I miss the peach tree from my previous home here in Frisco. The new owners didn't take care of it, and it died. It's gone now.

CD

We had a pretty big fig tree in the yard of our lake house. It yielded a lot of fruit. I miss that tree.

I miss the peach tree from my previous home here in Frisco. The new owners didn't take care of it, and it died. It's gone now.

CD
Our fig trees are not having a good year this year (along with the vine) because of the cold weather. They're really unimpressed with the single figure starts most mornings.
:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom