Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
More doc's appointments, another breakfast out, this time, Cracker Barrel.

I stopped going to this particular Cracker Barrel after too many combinations of bad food and bad service, then finally stopped altogether after finding a person's metal ID bracelet in my food.

I can report that after all this time away, they've gotten no better. Service was good, but the food was cold, my egg was overcooked, and the biscuits were still doughy and even a little wet inside.

I stopped going to this particular Cracker Barrel after too many combinations of bad food and bad service, then finally stopped altogether after finding a person's metal ID bracelet in my food.

I can report that after all this time away, they've gotten no better. Service was good, but the food was cold, my egg was overcooked, and the biscuits were still doughy and even a little wet inside.

I have never gotten the appeal to many of my fellow Mercans of Cracker Barrel.

CD

I have never gotten the appeal to many of my fellow Mercans of Cracker Barrel.

CD
They used to be great when I was a kid and they were just a regional chain, but when they went national, they tanked immediately.

For those who're familiar with Cracker Barrel, remember when they used to do pine-rosin baked potatoes?

For those who're familiar with Cracker Barrel, remember when they used to do pine-rosin baked potatoes?

Sure do, loved them. They used to make chocolate pancakes with a cherry sauce that were fantastic! I used to love Cracker Barrel and it is still good in a couple of places in central mississippi, but the last time I ate at 1, at 1 of the DGD's request, it was quite obvious everything was out of a can or made from a mix, and was so salty I could barely eat it. Haven't been back since.

For those of us living in the South, Cracker Barrel is also remembered for serving white people. Here in North Texas, they still seem to be located to serve their core demographics.

CD

For those of us living in the South, Cracker Barrel is also remembered for serving white people. Here in North Texas, they still seem to be located to serve their core demographics.

CD
Yeah, weren't they involved in a corporate discrimination lawsuit at one point?

Some of the potatoes are chopped up and mixed in with the eggs (along with breakfast sausage links and cheese).

So this would be a very gringo-friendly egg burrito - American sausage links, crispy crown potatoes, jarred salsa, and bagged cheese, a clone of what you'd get at McD's, but these are so much better-tasting.

Some of the potatoes are chopped up and mixed in with the eggs (along with breakfast sausage links and cheese).

So this would be a very gringo-friendly egg burrito - American sausage links, crispy crown potatoes, jarred salsa, and bagged cheese, a clone of what you'd get at McD's, but these are so much better-tasting.

That's a million times better than Cracker Barrel too.

Here is a tip I always live by: Never eat anywhere that has pictures on the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom