Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, weren't they involved in a corporate discrimination lawsuit at one point?

More like dozens of lawsuits, ranging from the NAACP (8.7-million settlement), the the US DOJ, the EEOC (over ADA non-compliance), a handful of LGBT groups, and who knows who else.

CD

The same applies to Hong Kong, where the photos don't show what you will actually receive, but what the chef would aspire to if he had the ingredients, the budget, and the talent.

Like Subway here. The sandwiches look nothing like the ads on TV. I can't recall the last time I've got a sandwich from there, maybe I should give them another chance!?! Naw, I don't think so.

That's one of the (many) reasons we like traveling to Europe. It's so much easier to find non-chain restaurants. In my town, population 14,000 with a small university, there are many, many places to eat, but only four that I can think of that aren't chain restaurants, and of those four, they're all "family" restaurants, which means lots of pre-made foods cooked from frozen.

Here, you have to go to the city to find something that's both local-only and made more or less from scratch.

That's one of the (many) reasons we like traveling to Europe. It's so much easier to find non-chain restaurants. In my town, population 14,000 with a small university, there are many, many places to eat, but only four that I can think of that aren't chain restaurants, and of those four, they're all "family" restaurants, which means lots of pre-made foods cooked from frozen.

Here, you have to go to the city to find something that's both local-only and made more or less from scratch.

Wow as a European that is indeed hard to imagine having never been to the Americas 😯

There is one chain restaurant in my town, and there are 3 I can think of in a vicinity of 5 miles. All the others (and there are plenty) are just unique places.

Wow as a European that is indeed hard to imagine having never been to the Americas 😯

There is one chain restaurant in my town, and there are 3 I can think of in a vicinity of 5 miles. All the others (and there are plenty) are just unique places.
It's so homogenized here. My wife and I always joke, because when we drive to her sister's it's six hours away, and the exit to get off the motorway there has exactly the same chain restaurants as the entrance to the motorway here. It's like a carbon copy and it's always a surreal feeling, because we're two states and six hours away, but it sort of feels like we never left.

Cities are better. Even small ones like Cincinnati (an hour away) have a decent options for unique places to eat and drink, and a good selection of international cuisines at that, but once you get into the secondary towns, or traveling on the interstate highways, it's all chains.

Brekky this morning: fresh orange juice, almonds, oat biscuits with mixed seeds (poppy and pumpkin seeds) and the caffettiera in wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom