Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

I realise that I am way behind in the egg bleed stakes, but it was a good breakfast. The smoked salmon was my own though.

Vanilla quark with amaretti biscuits from a bakery I got delivered yesterday . There's blueberries underneath.

I spent quite a lot of time (working) in Den Haag, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Callantsoog/Den Helder and breakfast always appeared to consist of cheese and ham. Admittedly that was 40 years ago!

I spent quite a lot of time (working) in Den Haag, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Callantsoog/Den Helder and breakfast always appeared to consist of cheese and ham. Admittedly that was 40 years ago!

I know nobody who eats that way honestly, not even my grandmother.

Traditional breakfast includes cheese and ham, but also has a boiled egg, breakfast cake and jam with a diverse amount of rolls and tea or coffee. Or it would be porridge with fruit or syrup.

Modern breakfast is often muesli or granola with fruit and yoghurt, a sandwich or indeed porridge. Tea and coffee or juice served with it. Hummus is one of the most popular toppings for bread these days, though of course cheese remains popular.

I believe that our nearest McDonald's is 200 km away; two provinces. We are restricted from travelling between provinces at the present time. I suppose that we shall have to suffer.

The nearest place where I can buy McGarrett's mustard powder is virtually next door to that McDonald's. And I'm almost out!

Now that IS serious!

The nearest place where I can buy McGarrett's mustard powder is virtually next door to that McDonald's. And I'm almost out!

Now that IS serious!

A while ago I bought this Asian mustard powder expecting something different from Coleman's English. In fact, I can barely tell the difference. If anything its a bit hotter. I was wondering if you might be able to get it in Thailand. S & B are a Japanese company.

1585673310802.png

A while ago I bought this Asian mustard powder expecting something different from Coleman's English. In fact, I can barely tell the difference. If anything its a bit hotter. I was wondering if you might be able to get it in Thailand. S & B are a Japanese company.

I haven't seen that one. We do have wasabi powder in small cans like that though. The McGarrett's that I buy comes in 450 gm packs.

I had a customer from hokitika about 30 years ago lived in a caravan that was parked up. He said he lived on saveloys ( kiwi thing red dyed sausage with spices) boiled up in the jug for three days then the next night he had saveloy soup from the jug. He got a gold claim and made a fortune, nice guy and well deserved. We still laugh about it now. He has a flash house now.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom