Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't eaten at a waffle house in a very long time. I used to go there a lot at 4 a.m. when I was a bartender (early 20s).

Cold leftover pizza is also very common for breakfast/hangover food, but as much as I love pizza, I can't stand it cold, or even reheated. It's fresh from the oven or not at all for me.
I don't eat it cold. It goes in the toaster oven. But we don't eat pizza very often anyway.

BTW, this conversation is a huge part about why I like this forum so much - the international membership lends to so much variety.

I'll absolutely admit to being happily stuck in my ways about breakfast. There are certain things that are for breakfast, and that's when I eat them, and that's that, and there are certain things I'd never, ever in a million years eat for breakfast, and that's that as well, so I really get a kick out of seeing what people around the world eat for breakfast, specifically, because it's the one meal, in my mind, that has very well-defined items, and any deviation is...fascinating and bizarre, from where I'm sitting.

That's why, if you go through this topic, you'll see my breakfasts are almost all eggs, something with syrup, or cereal/oats (hot and cold), with the occasional baked good thrown in.

Yup, that's usually the sequence. :)

Around here, kind of a holdover from southern US culture, fried chicken is also frequently on offer for breakfast. Pork chop and eggs are also not unheard of. Really, it's just an expansion of meat choices for breakfast.

It was also a popular breakfast for athletes because of all the protein.

Most breakfast restaurants offer steak and eggs. The steak is usually a thin cut steak.

Here is a Steak and Eggs plate from Waffle House...

Unknown-1.jpeg

I don't eat it cold. It goes in the toaster oven. But we don't eat pizza very often anyway.
When my wife is out of town, I make pizza nearly every night. I think my longest stretch was pizza every day for nine days. :)

It was also a popular breakfast for athletes because of all the protein.
That Wikipedia entry I posted says that it's also the traditional breakfast of astronauts and US Marines. Everybody's getting in on the steak and eggs!

BTW, this conversation is a huge part about why I like this forum so much - the international membership lends to so much variety.

I'll absolutely admit to being happily stuck in my ways about breakfast. There are certain things that are for breakfast, and that's when I eat them, and that's that, and there are certain things I'd never, ever in a million years eat for breakfast, and that's that as well, so I really get a kick out of seeing what people around the world eat for breakfast, specifically, because it's the one meal, in my mind, that has very well-defined items, and any deviation is...fascinating and bizarre, from where I'm sitting.

That's why, if you go through this topic, you'll see my breakfasts are almost all eggs, something with syrup, or cereal/oats (hot and cold), with the occasional baked good thrown in.

Watching YouTube videos as much as I do, I was surprised to see how popular noddles are for breakfast in some parts of Asia.

CD

When I was a kid, after my parents divorced, my mom worked and we saw my dad on the weekends. My mom never had time to cook us breakfast, so during the week we just grabbed what we could find. I got into the habit of being happy to eat whatever was there and didn't have the luxury of being picky about it. I'll eat spaghetti for breakfast sometimes, or a bowl of leftover dinner vegetables.

Edited to add that now I have more time and neither of us is working, so I cook breakfast. My husband also is more picky about what he will eat in the morning. But I love making potato hashes where I insert leftovers from dinner. And he enjoys it!

This describes my wife except that she will only eat scrambled eggs, toast, or cold cereal. Okay she loves pancakes or french toast once in awhile too. I on the other hand will eat absolutely anything. I wake up and all I want is coffee. Then in bout 2-3 hours I suddenly discover I'm starving and I eat whatever is at hand. My favorite is leftover Mexican. When my wife is out of town I've been known to eat tacos for 3 days straight, brunch, and dinner.
Today's brunch is leftover pinto beans, shredded lettuce, tomato, cilantro, salsa, and a few Fritos because I'm too lazy in the mornings to cook a tortilla. Except for the Fritos this is healthy and has lots of protein to hold me for 5 hours or so.

If it has egg on it, it can be breakfast, right? I look at the macaroni as "bread" so it's like melting a piece of cheese on bread and putting crumbled bacon and an egg on it. Probably tastes pretty similar, right? Texturally it's better, though, since the cheese sauce is so creamy and the pasta texture is tender, with the bacon for crunch. Oh, and the cheese blend of white and yellow cheddar, Gouda, and Havarti was very nice.

I guess if you put a fried egg on a burger, that could be breakfast too? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom