Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had leftover pizza one day last week. No photo. It wasn't particularly pretty.

I had a prawn cocktail for breakfast this morning. I made two yesterday and took a photograph. They looked somewhat pathetic so I didn't post it.

I was making an omelet and off to a good start, then it broke when I tried to flip it, so it was scrambled eggs instead, with ham, corn, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, and white cheddar.

I usually have quite a bit in my omelette, bottom is cooked on bench top, then under the grill/broiler and the top is done. No need to toss/turn. Wife's is just eggs cheese bacon. That sets ok just on the bench top, enough to get the egg slice under to turn it. No drama here. Now I'm hungry thinking about an omelette, but I've just had a crumpet. Nuts!

Russ

She may have meant fold, not flip. The more you put into an omelet, the harder it is to fold without cracking.

CD
Both. I flip over part of it over the other part, which is the same thing as folding. And I tend to overload my omelets. About 1 out of 5 times I mess it up when I flip/fold it.

I know I don't have to do either, but I like it better that way. I dunno why. Doesn't seem like it's an omelet unless the stuff is in between the eggs.

Both. I flip over part of it over the other part, which is the same thing as folding. And I tend to overload my omelets. About 1 out of 5 times I mess it up when I flip/fold it.

I know I don't have to do either, but I like it better that way. I dunno why. Doesn't seem like it's an omelet unless the stuff is in between the eggs.
I think Morning Glory meant flip like a pancake - launch it into the air in the vain hope that it lands back in the pan upside down to cook the top. In my experience this almost never happens.

I think Morning Glory meant flip like a pancake - launch it into the air in the vain hope that it lands back in the pan upside down to cook the top. In my experience this almost never happens.
And watch all the other ingredients fly all over my kitchen walls and cabinets...

I'm quite adept at tossing pancakes given the right pan. I've not managed the double flip although I've tried (but not recently).

I would never even consider attempting to flip an omelette nor a quesadilla.

Sorry - misunderstood - I thought you meant flip it like a English pancake! I, too, like to fold omelettes to enclose lots of filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom