Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an American chef, Scott Conant, who was a judge on a U.S. cooking show, "Chopped", on one of the food channels. He made it abundantly clear on several episodes that using cheese with seafood was a no-no, and he didn't like it when contestants did that with their dishes. So whenever I add cheese to seafood dishes I am always afraid someone is going to tell me how wrong it is, LOL! I love parmesan encrusted grouper, and I use cheese when I make crab dips and other things, and of course I added it to my crab omelet. I use cream cheese and parmesan cheese primarily in seafood dishes if at all. I do agree that cheddar would not be a good addition.

There is an American chef, Scott Conant, who was a judge on a U.S. cooking show, "Chopped", on one of the food channels. He made it abundantly clear on several episodes that using cheese with seafood was a no-no, and he didn't like it when contestants did that with their dishes. So whenever I add cheese to seafood dishes I am always afraid someone is going to tell me how wrong it is, LOL! I love parmesan encrusted grouper, and I use cheese when I make crab dips and other things, and of course I added it to my crab omelet. I use cream cheese and parmesan cheese primarily in seafood dishes if at all. I do agree that cheddar would not be a good addition.

I dislike him immensely. He is an arrogant ass. If I want cheese on my seafood then so be it. I've pretty much stopped watching the "Food Competition" network.

I dislike him immensely. He is an arrogant ass. If I want cheese on my seafood then so be it. I've pretty much stopped watching the "Food Competition" network.
I do like Guy Fieri. He seems like a nice "guy" LOL. I do watch his "Grocery Games" show sometimes. I haven't watched "Chopped" in months. I also like "Diners, Drive-thrus and Dives".

I know that a lot of these shows are all reruns now anyway and might never have any new episodes, or at least for a very long time.

There is an American chef, Scott Conant, who was a judge on a U.S. cooking show, "Chopped", on one of the food channels. He made it abundantly clear on several episodes that using cheese with seafood was a no-no, and he didn't like it when contestants did that with their dishes.

That is plain rubbish - prejudice against certain food combinations should have no place in any serious chef's attitude, let alone if he happens to be a judge.

I've used it. Never say never.
Yeah, now that I think about it, I used white sharp as a topping along with other ingredients for baked oysters before, and it was good. I guess it would all depend on how it was used.

I do like Guy Fieri. He seems like a nice "guy" LOL. I do watch his "Grocery Games" show sometimes. I haven't watched "Chopped" in months. I also like "Diners, Drive-thrus and Dives".

I know that a lot of these shows are all reruns now anyway and might never have any new episodes, or at least for a very long time.

I like triple D because it isn't a competition show. I tend to watch instructional shows.

I like a Triple D also for the "how to" aspect and more so because it is usually people doing their own thing and to he## with what the so called food experts say.

What a dipstick. Seafood and cheese can be a great combination. Start with lobster Thermidor.

I eat grated pecorino on my seafood risotto's and pasta which is supposed to be a no no for Italian's. One of the joys of living here are the eggs. Everyone has a neighbor with chickens. This egg cup has not left my side for sixty years

I think biscuits and gravy must have the largest gap in the "looks disgusting, tastes fantastic" category.

I was very, very pleased with the biscuits. I can struggle with those, and it's another thing that appears so simple, yet one thing goes wrong, and they're ruined. These started out looking like they were headed for disaster, but they came out wonderfully tender and flaky. Better yet - it's a three-ingredient recipe (self-rising flour, butter, and buttermilk), so there's not a lot to throwing them together at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom