Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make myself clear about my last omelet, LOL. I was just folding it over and it was overstuffed, plus the pan was too small so the egg mixture was too thick, so that's why it broke. This time I used a bigger pan so everything was just right when I folded it. After folding it, I covered the pan with a lid and let it sit for a minute to be sure that all of the egg was completely cooked. It was yummy. Hubby and I split it. He ate his portion in less than two minutes.

A guy I went to school with.

Ahh, but you weren't brought up in Yorkshire.

View attachment 42384

Note: I'm not sure that the Tiger image is the one I remember.
I've seen Tiger sauce here, but not the other two. But I haven't looked in the international food aisles in awhile since I do all my shopping online now.

I like the egg very soft, but not runny, and I never like the exterior to have the slightest bit of brown color, so it has to cook very low and slow. I use heavy cream and there is also enough cheese to keep it gooey and moist inside, but I don't like runny whites--and hubby would be disgusted, LOL. If it blends with the cheese and I can't see it, that's fine.

I never like the exterior to have the slightest bit of brown color,

I like it slightly golden - but I am OK if its not.

I use heavy cream

You mean in the egg mixture? That is something I would never ever do. To me, an omelette is pure beaten egg and possibly a splash of water. I think we had a thread discussing omelettes somewhere. Certainly, a 'classic' French omelette would not have anything added to the beaten eggs. But it really doesn't matter if it tastes good!

I like it slightly golden - but I am OK if its not.

You mean in the egg mixture? That is something I would never ever do. To me, an omelette is pure beaten egg and possibly a splash of water. I think we had a thread discussing omelettes somewhere. Certainly, a 'classic' French omelette would not have anything added to the beaten eggs. But it really doesn't matter if it tastes good!

:scratchhead:You are a bit of an "obsessive cook" when it comes to your eggs.

CD

Yes, I mean in the egg mixture. I use about a tbsp of heavy cream or half n half with 4 eggs. I used to use just eggs but tried the cream once many years ago and enjoyed it so much that I never looked back. It really adds a smooth, velvety, melt-in-your mouth texture to the eggs and helps keep them from browning. It also seems to help the cheese bind better with the eggs. Yes, it's more calories but I don't care (also don't care what the French think about my non-classic omelet 🤣).

Just out of curiosity, I googled "heavy whipping cream in omelet" and came up with multiple hits for omelets that contain cream. Ironically, this one for a "Classic French omelette" was near the top of the list (heavy cream is listed as one of the ingredients): Classic French Omelette - KetoConnect
Now granted, when I googled just "Classic French omelette" the recipes were sans cream.

Interesting, though.

Beautiful. Anyone who can hand make filo gets my vote!

This is a small one just for two

Last edited by a moderator:
Crabmeat omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and artichokes.

This omelette contains 3 of my favourite ingredients. :okay: For some reason I've recently gone off mushrooms - no idea why! Did you use fresh artichokes? I quite like tinned or jarred but for some reason they taste quite different from fresh.

I used tinned artichokes. I use a lot of mushrooms because hubby has to have fresh mushrooms with his salad, so it's quite easy to saute a few for other meals. I have fresh spinach growing in my garden that I chopped up, then added a some shredded parm and scallions across the top.

Edited to add that fresh artichokes are quite expensive in OH, since they are grown in warm weather climates like California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom