Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, electric.

It may be that I'm too picky with my expectations as well (see my posts regarding soft-cooked eggs :laugh:). After watching so many "proper" chefs say that "if a crepe isn't perfectly round, made with exactly 1/4 cup batter, with exactly the same thinness all the way across, with absolutely no rips or jagged edges, it must, in every case, be thrown to the dog, because that's all it's fit for, and you are a horrible, horrible failure as a cook and a human being," I've probably developed something of a complex over it. :laugh:
Well they are a bunch of F$*#()@& A$$-#(@!

Though I am sure your dog thought the "proper" chefs were absolutely correct.

Brekky this morning
I’ve to admit that I’m not a big fan of grapes, I eat it, but I prefer its juice 🥂

I could go with the waffle. And I could go with the sausages.

However...............
Not a fan of the two of them together, I suppose? I get it, me neither...those two foods would not be allowed to touch on my plate and the sausage can't have a drop of syrup on it. For me I would want a separate plate possibly.

One of my sisters puts grape jelly on her sausage and bacon. She loves to do that on a biscuit especially, put meat and grape jelly in a biscuit sandwich.

Not a fan of the two of them together, I suppose? I get it, me neither...those two foods would not be allowed to touch on my plate and the sausage can't have a drop of syrup on it. For me I would want a separate plate possibly.

One of my sisters puts grape jelly on her sausage and bacon. She loves to do that on a biscuit especially, put meat and grape jelly in a biscuit sandwich.
My wife ate those sausages. I also don't like them with syrup on them. We have a local product called goetta that falls in the scrapple/ponhaus/haggis family, and it's de rigueur to have it with syrup on it. You'd be looked at like you had three heads if you had it without syrup.

My wife ate those sausages. I also don't like them with syrup on them. We have a local product called goetta that falls in the scrapple/ponhaus/haggis family, and it's de rigueur to have it with syrup on it. You'd be looked at like you had three heads if you had it without syrup.
Well, you don't know me, but you probably have an idea that IDGARA what people think of my eating habits, though I am often quite vocal on what I think of theirs...don't expect them to care what I say about that, either. But goetta doesn't sound like something I would eat with or without syrup, though. Just sayin'.

Meat and jelly are OK together in a porkie pie.
I once made a rack of pork ribs in the oven that called for dumping a big jar of grape jelly and some apple juice all over them and wrapping them tightly in foil, then baking them in a slow oven.

I also once made a brisket in a crockpot that included a jar of grape jelly. That stuff's not just for peanut butter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom