Show me your breakfast

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
12:20 PM
My mom would never buy that when I was a kid. We grew grapes, so she made her own. My grandmother kept it, though, and when I'd see them, I'd eat the entire jar in one sitting. I loved that stuff.

I rarely buy it now, preferring preserves, but I do still eat peanut butter a couple of times a week.

Yorky

Uncomfortably numb
Local time
11:20 PM
Website
freebeerforyorky.com
Yes, I prefer strawberry jam. I don't think I have eaten grape jelly in over 30 years. I probably haven't had strawberry jam in 10 years or more. I prefer my toast with butter only, and I don't eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches anymore, mostly because I don't buy loaves of sliced bread and never think to make it with freshly baked bread. That too I like with butter only.
Same, same. Toast and either butter or spread. Very rarely with a little homemade limolade.

rascal

Guru
Local time
4:20 AM
Yes, I prefer strawberry jam. I don't think I have eaten grape jelly in over 30 years. I probably haven't had strawberry jam in 10 years or more. I prefer my toast with butter only, and I don't eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches anymore, mostly because I don't buy loaves of sliced bread and never think to make it with freshly baked bread. That too I like with butter only.
I have about 6 jars of strawberry jam in the garage pantry.

Russ

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:20 PM
Aaah, the Yorky bleed . Perfection. What is urfa please?

Russ
Urfa is a type of chilli. It has a lovely slightly smokey flavour. Maybe your wife could grow some?

Urfa biber is a dried Turkish chili pepper of the type Capsicum annuum cultivated in the Urfa region of Turkey. It is often described as having a smoky, raisin-like taste. Urfa biber is technically a red pepper, ripening to a dark maroon on the plant.

Top Bottom