Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peaches for brekky, then a cup of black tea to follow

No pics because I kind of made up breakfast as I went along, and subsequently got the timing off, so by the time it was plated, all I wanted to do was eat.

Very big breakfast, even by my standards:

Started out making waffle iron hash browns - the only way I'll make them now. Noticed I had about six strips of bacon and a half-pound if sausage patties in the fridge, so all of that went in the oven. I've never made sausage patties in the oven, but that's my go-to way now - done to a turn and no messy skillet or grease splatters.

Then I decided to do a couple of hens' nests for the eggs and toast portion. That meant a big serving of potatoes, thick toast with an egg in the middle, three slices of thick-cut streaky bacon, and a 1/2 pound of sausage patties (MrsTasty didn't want hers, and waste not, want not...).

Last edited:
What is wrong with Martha White's? Flatt and Scruggs wrote a song (jingle) about it.

Martha White's fine, though they were bought out by Pillsbury or Kraft or one of the tobacco companies at some point.

I grew up on Lester 'n' Earl & The Boys. If you're ever looking for a band that's carrying that on, you could do worse than The Earls Of Leicester:

View: https://youtu.be/F1zTGtMDR6M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom