Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

This was from Kroger's "My Magazine" online personalized (so they say) customer magazine. They titled it Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bake:

Very quick, very easy, pour a little milk/cream over and it's a nice little breakfast.

We have never done an over night soak museli before, the packet said to use apple juice but neither of us are keen so we used milk instead. I appreciate the juice is for sweetness, we used honey, maybe we should have added it for soaking over night instead of in the morning.

We have never done an over night soak museli before, the packet said to use apple juice but neither of us are keen so we used milk instead. I appreciate the juice is for sweetness, we used honey, maybe we should have added it for soaking over night instead of in the morning.
To be clear on the oatmeal, that wasn't soaked overnight. Thrown together in about five minutes (rolled oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, milk, butter, raisins, and vanilla) and baked for about 45 minutes and done.

My breakfast always starts like this.

We started doing it many years ago, now. Great for when you're camping because in summer you don't need to cook anything if you don't want to (muesli, granola or just porridge oats) and in winter you have cut the choking time down to a bring it to the boil and simmer for a couple off minutes whilst you work out which way up the coffee mug goes!...

We 've continued to do the same ever since but like yourselves have always passed on the soaking it in fruit juice (or any kind) ones stick with milk or yoghurt (summer soaking for non-cooking afterwards)

Well, that's kind of like French toast! :)
Hubby was late out of bed this morning, otherwise it would have been granola and yoghurt... he's away as of this next week, so I decided on a quick change to breakfast. They take less than 5 minutes to make by hand and I don't need to measure anything... then less than 5 minutes to cook if I run the griddle too hot :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom