Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast this morning was bacon and eggs sunny-side up on Russian rye bread with hash brown potatoes.

full.jpg

I love cheesy scrambled eggs. Those look really good, but probably WAY overcooked for MG. :wink:

CD
I always thought she just liked runny yolks? I don't see how it's possible to cook scrambled eggs with only the yolks being runny and not the whites, too. I can't stand eggs when the whites are not fully cooked. It's visually unappealing, kinda looks like mucous. UGH.

I always thought she just liked runny yolks? I don't see how it's possible to cook scrambled eggs with only the yolks being runny and not the whites, too. I can't stand eggs when the whites are not fully cooked. It's visually unappealing, kinda looks like mucous. UGH.

If you use a wise, and really beat the eggs completely, you can get runny scrambled eggs. I've done it, and it isn't bad. On toast is a good way to serve it. I like a little bit of texture. I just make sure to stop short of browning my scrambled eggs.

CD

If you use a wise, and really beat the eggs completely, you can get runny scrambled eggs. I've done it, and it isn't bad. On toast is a good way to serve it. I like a little bit of texture. I just make sure to stop short of browning my scrambled eggs.

CD
I detest browned eggs. I use a touch of cream along with the cheese. My scrambled eggs are creamy and moist, but not runny. Yuck.

I detest browned eggs. I use a touch of cream along with the cheese. My scrambled eggs are creamy and moist, but not runny. Yuck.

My scrambled egg method is medium-low heat, lots of butter in a non-stick pan. Constant stirring. Put them on a plate when they are just shy of being done, and let the residual heat finish the cooking.

When I want cheesy eggs, I mix those in when the eggs are just beginning to set.

CD

My scrambled egg method is medium-low heat, lots of butter in a non-stick pan. Constant stirring. Put them on a plate when they are just shy of being done, and let the residual heat finish the cooking.

When I want cheesy eggs, I mix those in when the eggs are just beginning to set.

CD
That sounds about right, I add my cheese at the end too. But I always want cheese.

'Runny' is probably the wrong term for how I like scrambled egg. 'moist loose curds' would be nearer. This is partly one of those UK/US divides. @TastyReubens are on the edge of acceptable for me. I've certainly seen lots of much more what I would call 'overcooked' examples from diners and restaurants in the US.

This is how I like them (not my best photo):

'Runny' is probably the wrong term for how I like scrambled egg. 'moist loose curds' would be nearer. This is partly one of those UK/US divides. @TastyReubens are on the edge of acceptable for me. I've certainly seen lots of much more what I would call 'overcooked' examples from diners and restaurants in the US.

This is how I like them (not my best photo):

View attachment 71497
They look perfect to me!

Cream Of Wheat, with the usual add-ins (maple syrup, golden raisins, and brown sugar), bacon on the side (that again failed to make the photo shoot):

The next time I make scrambled eggs, I'll make them French-style...maybe I'll offend everyone (more for me!). :laugh:

Breakfast today was 4 hard boiled eggs topped with schichimi togarashi and a bowl of cranberry almond granola mixed with rolled oats.

full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom