kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
8:34 AM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
I have a true obsession for aprons.
I have one on everyday, all day - REALLY!
I wear an apron not only to protect my clothes from spatters, spills and all matter of kitchen stuffs getting on me,
but sometimes they make you feel,
ya know, cute, strong, fearless in the kitchen.

My hands-down workhorse apron is from this place.

I use to watch Sarah Moulton and I just loved the apron that she wore!
Also, America's Test Kitchen folks wear aprons from this same vendor.

my-new-apron_LI.jpg

I've just about worn out my fourth apron and need a new one, I'm lookin' at you Santa Claus 🎅

Show us your aprons, what do you wear in the kitchen (or garden for that matter) ?

I've never needed an apron while cooking. What I do need to do in some cases where my hands get involved, is to remember to let the tap water trickle or have a bowl of rinse water at the ready, so that I can clean off my hands without having to get gunk all over the tap handles or anything else.

I've two but I never wear them. I really should, as frankly I always end up with something splashed or flour down me. I think mine are rather boring. Chef's black and white check and a classic navy and white stripe. Last year, in a moment of madness I bought a stupidly expensive 'on trend creasy' linen apron. A bit like this:

il_794xN.2331304706_ojoe.jpg

All I can say is that it might look OK on a young slim model but not on me. I never felt so dull and dowdy in my life! Perhaps I should get something custom made like kaneohegirlinaz and then I might be more inclined to wear it.

I have one from Williams-Sonoma, which I've had for 15 years at least.

I do fold it down. I would like one like Chris Kimball wears, because it's nearly ankle-length, and I obviously need that, since I don't wear trousers this early in the morning. :laugh:

I also have a chef's jacket, bought specifically to protect my sleeves from grease spatters when I'm pan/deep-frying.

I have one from Williams-Sonoma, which I've had for 15 years at least.
I had one for absolutely ages, with the brand name in big black letters on the top. Well worth the investment.
I was at a Gourmet Show one day, selling my wares, and a client came up to me and said:
"Excuse me, Mr Williams - do you make make mango chutney?"

I had one for absolutely ages, with the brand name in big black letters on the top. Well worth the investment.
I was at a Gourmet Show one day, selling my wares, and a client came up to me and said:
"Excuse me, Mr Williams - do you make make mango chutney?"
View attachment 76125

You look just how I imagined you.

I got this one at WS, but wasn't in love with it...

View attachment 76127

I no longer have it, I'm sure that I donated it in our move to NoAZ.

I agree - too chintzy.

Note: I looked up 'chintzy' it seems it might mean something a little different in America. All I meant was 'too much busy print'.

Back
Top Bottom