Show Us Your Apron

Ok, I'll get my coat. I had to bring the tone down!

It doesn't mean that here when used in a pejorative sense - it means a fussy and old fashioned look. A typical chintzy interior:

View attachment 76135

Of course, like anything else, chintz has to some extent come back in fashion.

One thing I have noticed though (and this is a ridiculously sweeping statement) is that in the UK, interiors (kitchens are a good example) tend towards the sleek modern look compared to American interiors, many of which to my eye look very 'dated'. Its all a matter of taste I suppose - or is it? I think there may be more to it than that.
It appears anytime someone updates their kitchens in Ontario and the house could be 30yrs old or 130 yrs old it's mostly contemporary in it's design. I've totally renovated 2 kitchen and updates a couple of others and my last one was a century home built in 1860, which I've just recently sold and it was contemporary. Personally I like mid century modern design and my century property had a blend of traditional and contemporary furnishings so the kitchen didn't seem out of place. If like the picture above was the furnishings then a contemporary kitchen probably would look out of place, no doubt about it.

Russ, I'm so dang messy with flour, sugar, cornmeal and cornstarch!
My Mother used to get so mad at me when I'd go into her kitchen when I was a kid,
I got that stuff all over the place!
It's taken me years to get over that little voice in the back of my head, SCREECHING
when ever I'd go into the kitchen, STOP MAKING SUCH A MESS! (she never cleaned it up, I did)
MAN!
That's part of the fun of it!
You'll hear loads of "oops-y" when flour and I are involved! :happy:
This is why somebody invented the DustBuster, Brooms and Mops!
Update:
I was just making Royal Icing... I'd like to add Powdered Sugar and Meringue Powder 🤓

APRONS!
More aprons!
Come on guys, I know you wear them, let's see what`cha got goin' on ...

apron2.jpg
apron6.jpg

These two I bought at a very famous tourist trap type of store in Honolulu, but it's so iconic I just had to go when ever we'd go back home ... well, until they went bankrupt for I think the third time and had to finally close their doors for good :wave:
(they owed my Mom's company loads of money and never paid up :thumbsdown: )

Back
Top Bottom