Show Us Your Apron

I have one from Williams-Sonoma, which I've had for 15 years at least.

View attachment 76114

I do fold it down. I would like one like Chris Kimball wears, because it's nearly ankle-length, and I obviously need that, since I don't wear trousers this early in the morning. :laugh:

I also have a chef's jacket, bought specifically to protect my sleeves from grease spatters when I'm pan/deep-frying.

I'm always impressed when I see someone with what I call a "half-apron": yes, the bits below the waist are covered, but that just guarantees that whatever spills will get on my shirt. If I were to create a half-apron, it would probably be a poncho to cover my upper body...I'm leaning against the counter anyway, so most of the damage is done there anyway.

I almost always wear either a solid red or solid burgundy apron. I got them from a restaurant supply store, and they are durable and reliable.

But, I also have the following. I got this one after visiting Gordon Ramsay‘s Hells Kitchen restaurant, in Las Vegas:

Silly as it may sound, I always put this one on when I am working with meat. It's made of a heavy duty material that wrinkles, but is impenetrable:

And, this is one my wife got me from the Coca-Cola store, also in Las Vegas:

Last edited:
I almost always wear either a solid red or solid burgundy apron. I got them for my restaurant supply store, and they are durable and reliable.

But, I also have the following. I got this one after visiting Gordon Ramsay‘s Hells Kitchen restaurant, in Las Vegas:

View attachment 82660

Silly as it may sound, I always put this one on when I am working with meat. It's made of a heavy duty material that wrinkles, but is impenetrable:

View attachment 82661

And, this is one my wife got me from the Coca-Cola store, also in Las Vegas:

View attachment 82659
I like the Pork Apron!

I'm always impressed when I see someone with what I call a "half-apron": yes, the bits below the waist are covered, but that just guarantees that whatever spills will get on my shirt. If I were to create a half-apron, it would probably be a poncho to cover my upper body...I'm leaning against the counter anyway, so most of the damage is done there anyway.
Yeah, I don't get those aprons ... what's the point of it?
The majority of my mess is above the waist.

I was watching some cooking program, and the chef/cook had on a long sleeve chef's coat and the bottoms of the sleeves were folded up, one turn, and they kept getting dunked into the food he was preparing ... I wanted so to just reach through that screen and give those sleeves one more fold up.

Seconded!
EDIT: So how about a Chef coat?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom