Show us your fridge!

We went shopping this morning

20230827_192951.jpg

Here is my fridge
1705324028047.png

I have leftovers, butter, scrambled eggs, soup, cold hibiscus tea, tea, milk, white wine (for cooking), carrots, cilantro, celery, 1 lemon, homemade greek yogurt in individual portions so I just need to add the granola and the flaxseed, and rosemary.

Edit to add there's also tomato paste on one of the door shelves.

Last edited:
Here is my fridge
View attachment 109185

I have leftovers, butter, scrambled eggs, soup, cold hibiscus tea, tea, milk, white wine (for cooking), carrots, cilantro, celery, 1 lemon, homemade greek yogurt in individual portions so I just need to add the granola and the flaxseed, and rosemary.
You have two empty shelves in the door - you need to go out and get three different mustards you’ll never eat, two hot sauces, and a big bottle of ketchup that doesn’t quite fit and has to lean over a bit. :wink:

You have two empty shelves in the door - you need to go out and get three different mustards you’ll never eat, two hot sauces, and a big bottle of ketchup that doesn’t quite fit and has to lean over a bit. :wink:
That sounds like the fridge at my mom's house!

That sounds like the fridge at my mom's house!
I once showed up at my mom’s house, walked in the kitchen, and she had a kitchen chair up against the fridge - like you see in TV shows where they cram the back of a straight chair up under a doorknob.

“What’s that chair doing there?”
“I don’ know why, but I cain’t keep ‘at ol’ door shut!”

I moved the chair, door shot open, and three or four things fell out on the floor.

“Mom, you’ve got too much crap in here…geez, how old is this?! Look at this cucumber, it’s almost liquid!”

“Put tha’ back! I kin still use it in a soup er sumpthin’!”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Here is my fridge
View attachment 109185

Edit to add there's also tomato paste on one of the door shelves.

You keep eggs in your fridge :ohmy:

You keep eggs in your fridge :ohmy:

American grocery store eggs have to be refrigerated, because they are washed a t the processing facilities. Along with dirt and such, it removes the protective layer on eggs that naturally coats eggs when they are laid.

CD

Yes! I'm not really sure why I do it but probably because the fridge has more space than the small Ikea cabinet that I call a pantry.

American grocery store eggs have to be refrigerated, because they are washed a t the processing facilities. Along with dirt and such, it removes the protective layer on eggs that naturally coats eggs when they are laid.

CD

I live in the tropics and my eggs are always kept outside the fridge.

I think it has been drummed into our heads by chefs and scientists that you do not put eggs in the fridge as their porous shells absorb smells etc..from other products so find it a bit strange that other people do. Maybe they are wrong because if the eggs are in boxes then surely that should protect them :scratchhead:

I think it has been drummed into our heads by chefs and scientists that you do not put eggs in the fridge as their porous shells absorb smells etc..from other products so find it a bit strange that other people do. Maybe they are wrong because if the eggs are in boxes then surely that should protect them :scratchhead:

I've been eating eggs kept in the fridge my entire life (62 years, so far), and I have NEVER experience eggs that have picked up smells or flavors from other foods. Besides, wouldn't the same thing happen with eggs kept in a pantry?

CD

I wasn’t going to share this but some people enjoy decay.
I was at my mums and her place was STINKY. The fridge was one of the offenders. The stench wafting out when the door was opened was unreal.
It was rammed with of out of date food.
At the back was this gem.
If you don’t enjoy being repulsed then don’t click reveal 😆
This was just one of the fantastic colonies. There were some fabulous potatoes in there as well.
IMG_1567.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom