Show us your pet

Somebody’s pet:

IMG_6225.jpeg

We watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy most evenings. Just recently, Strider, our black male pug, has noticed Vanna White, especially when she wears black. He apparently has taken a strong dislike to her and barks when he sees her on screen. His dislike is escalating. Tonight, he ran up to the TV cabinet, stood up against it and followed every move she made with his head, barking and snarling the whole time. Craig and I were both laughing at him. I tried to get a short video but it's hard because the lighting is pretty low and he's solid black from the back so he just looks like a blob. I'll try again as this has become an every night thing now.

We're having to take precautions with visitors at our house. The chooks have taken to hiding under vehicles, every with the engine running and no matter the clearance or lack of. Slowly moving at a snail's pace doesn't deal with the problem. They shadow the vehicle movements....

It is now at the point where we've had to tape a message to the window that days bribery should be used. Either 2 handfuls of seed from the green topped feeder in front of the garage door, or a handful of dried mealworms scattered in front of the garage will work.

Even parking my own vehicle this evening involved hubby having to come out and move the flick with bribery.

Darn chooks are too intelligent for their own food!

My chooks appear to have been adopted by this "little fellow"... actually likely not little or a fellow.... they give birth to live young and this one isn't that small.

20231208132225_IMG_3508.JPG
20231208132546_IMG_3518.JPG
20231208131913_IMG_3493.JPG

It's hanging around the chook feed area, eating what the chooks don't. Mostly grain, lentils, seeds and pellets, plus it takes the odd flower as well.

There is a second one if the same species hanging around, but that moves much faster than this one does.

Back
Top Bottom