Shrimp pizza

It turned out great. I sautéed the shrimp just long enough for it to start to change colors. Cooled it off in the refrigerator. For sauce I just used Sonoma Gourmet kale and white cheddar pasta sauce. Very very simple. Not a fan of kale or white cheddar. Honestly I thought this is going to be awful. But thought the wife would eat it. We both worked late so this was kind of a “what is this stuff. I’ll use it “ dinners. I’ve already eaten half the pizza.
Wife loved it.

I always pre-cook shrimp, prawns, crabmeat, mussels, salmon, whatever, before adding to pizza, if I don't use the canned stuff. In fact, if I put sausage on a pizza, I precook and drain that too. It makes thinks less sloppy and really doesn't detract much from flavor.

BTW: There only ever two spices I use on Pizzas, Red Cayenne Pepper flakes and Oregano flakes.

Pizza Crusts are another matter and while pizza dough is a simple standard, you can get creative. When I lived in Connecticut, you could buy pizza dough balls in the stores. Here in California, that's not so.
One of the local pizza joints sells raw, opened pizza crust. The chain joints don't sell raw dough.

One of the local pizza joints sells raw, opened pizza crust. The chain joints don't sell raw dough.
This was a packaged crust. One of our local grocers does sell pizza dough in the bakery section. I’ve used it before. Could make better but it is fine and saves me a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom