Recipe Slow cooker osso buco

Herbaceous

Local time
1:59 AM
I’ve tried a few different recipes for osso buco, but this is my favourite so far. Adapted from Skinnytaste: Fast and Slow by Gina Homolka.

Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1-1/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup beef broth
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 large spring fresh rosemary
4 shanks - beef, veal, or lamb (I used beef)

Saute the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and 1/4 tsp salt over medium heat until soft (8-10 min). Add the tomato paste, stir, and cook 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker.

Add crushed tomatoes, broth, salt to taste, and pepper to taste to the slow cooker.

Season the shanks with salt & pepper, then sear over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Nestle them into the sauce in the slow cooker and add thyme and rosemary. Note, if you are making this in a multi-cooker (like an instant pot), you can sear the shanks first, then saute the veg and make the sauce before adding the shanks back in to save on dishes.

Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Good over noodles, mashed potatoes, or polenta.

Serves 4.
035E1AA9-674B-44EC-95E9-267F59A05E67.jpeg

I’ve tried a few different recipes for osso buco, but this is my favourite so far. Adapted from Skinnytaste: Fast and Slow by Gina Homolka.

Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1-1/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup beef broth
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 large spring fresh rosemary
4 shanks - beef, veal, or lamb (I used beef)

Saute the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and 1/4 tsp salt over medium heat until soft (8-10 min). Add the tomato paste, stir, and cook 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker.

Add crushed tomatoes, broth, salt to taste, and pepper to taste to the slow cooker.

Season the shanks with salt & pepper, then sear over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Nestle them into the sauce in the slow cooker and add thyme and rosemary. Note, if you are making this in a multi-cooker (like an instant pot), you can sear the shanks first, then saute the veg and make the sauce before adding the shanks back in to save on dishes.

Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Good over noodles, mashed potatoes, or polenta.

Serves 4.View attachment 99767
Looks DELISH!!!!

Back
Top Bottom