How do you like your spaghetti sauce?

• Meatballs

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Meat Sauce

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Meatless

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Now that I think about it, I rarely use spaghetti either. No reason that I can pin down. I use a lot of Penne.

If I make carbonara, it is usually with fuselli pasta (mainly because it's sold in most supermarkets here).

I use thin spaghetti in Asian cold noodle salad as I don't like soba (buckwheat) noodles. My go to spaghetti for most meals that call for it is Barilla Spaghetti Rigati.

I use thin spaghetti in Asian cold noodle salad as I don't like soba (buckwheat) noodles. My go to spaghetti for most meals that call for it is Barilla Spaghetti Rigati.

That's interesting - it seems its an American invention. Funny really as there are so very many Italian pasta shapes and types, you would have thought they would have already invented it.

Tough one, I love my spaghetti with meatballs but also meat sauce. Or no meat and shrimps with garlic. And of course, classic broke student dish, spaghetti with canned tuna! You can actually make it a decent dish by adding seasoning and sauteing the spaghetti.

I will be cooking it with meat sauce for me and my sister this weekend, our uncle gave me fresh tomatoes from his garden.

So many ways to serve spaghetti - I favour fish based or vegetable based sauces. I reckon Puttanesca might just be my favourite - and if you don't know about this famous sauce, then you should! A version here:

View attachment 29192

Spaghetti alla Puttanesca Recipe - Great Italian Chefs

I have to say, i'd so DIVE INTO this spaghetti from MG.

I definitely DO NOT want it on pizza - there's enough carbs there with the pizza crust. (In fact, I've never seen nor heard of it served that way until reading this thread.)

Overall, I'll take my spaghetti with meat, or meatless (as long as there's some vegetation in there to make up for the absence of meat - too many people think meatless means just subtract the meat and forget about adding anything else in...). I do NOT like meatballs.

Somehow, I saw this when it was originally posted, but never voted until just now. I have picked meatless because I asked myself how I normally order pasta dishes in a restaurant. In my case, it's almost always with a pesto, which is usually not with a meat (though sometimes chicken can by part of the plate).

Back
Top Bottom