How do you like your spaghetti sauce?

• Meatballs

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Meat Sauce

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Meatless

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
I don't like most meatballs. They're chock full of tasteless grains/breadcrumbs which dilute out a good flavor.

I like either meaty or a veggie (yes, without meat) vegetarian sauce. And I'd rather have this draped over anything but spaghetti, which I can't twirl properly on any fork to satisfy any of my Italian friends. Give me just about any other form of pasta noodle. (Yes, you are talking to someone who gnoshes down with Chinese OR Korean chopsticks with ease... I even had the chef come out from a kitchen at a Korean restaurant amazed that this white woman could do that... Okay, it wasn't a busy lunch.)

So... meat sauce or a meatless sauce that gets its flavor by not simply subtracting the meat. I mean, come on . Vegetarians (whom I cook for regularly) want flavors and such, too.

Frittata with leftover spaghetti is another way I like to eat them

Has anyone tried BBQ spaghetti, originated at Interstate BBQ, by Jim Neely.

My favorite is spaghetti carbonara, but of the poll options, I like a simple homemade red sauce with San Marzano tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano from my garden, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. I stir my al dente spaghetti into my sauce and let it finish cooking in the sauce. A generous portion of freshly micro-planed ParmReg on top of each portion.

CD

Oh, here goes (couldn't believe it took me this long to get around to it):

I like my women like I like my spaghetti; very saucy and a little meaty.

Ba-bump!

I very rarely use spaghetti its my least favorite pasta shape. I don't like saucy pasta. I use polenta or gnocchi if the dish calls for a heavy tomato sauce. I never use tomato based sauce with seafood.In my opinion the delicate flavor of mussels etc is submerged not enhanced.

I very rarely use spaghetti its my least favorite pasta shape. I don't like saucy pasta. I use polenta or gnocchi if the dish calls for a heavy tomato sauce. I never use tomato based sauce with seafood.In my opinion the delicate flavor of mussels etc is submerged not enhanced.

Now that I think about it, I rarely use spaghetti either. No reason that I can pin down. I use a lot of Penne.

BTW, I make a tomato based sauce that I add shrimp to for the last few minutes, and my family LOVES it. They ask me to make it whenever I go to visit them. It is actually very good. The sauce really doesn't hide the shrimp. You have to add the shrimp in the last minutes before serving, so they cook properly and maintain their flavor.

CD

I had to rack my brain to discover when I last had spaghetti. I think then it was with carbonara sauce in a restaurant. I have cooked spaghetti in house and it was probably with a minced beef/tomato sauce.

Back
Top Bottom