How do you like your spaghetti sauce?

• Meatballs

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Meat Sauce

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Meatless

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
My mother was a horrible cook. One of her worst was meatballs. I hate them to this day

If I could tick both boxes I'd go for meat sauce and meatless....sorry, for me meatballs and pasta don't really go together.
But we don't actually eat spaghetti very often though - for light, delicate dishes such as Carbonara or Aglio e Elio I prefer to use linguine, and for more robust sauces like a Ragu I'll use either fettuccine or tagliatelle.

I have a whole cupboard full of pasta, so this thread actually prompted me to do a quick audit of my pasta cupboard as I wasn't sure what I had in there :eek:
View attachment 29202
Turns out I do have a couple of packets of spaghetti: one tricolore and one squid ink. I have a lot of Barilla at the moment because it was on offer at Ocado a couple of months ago so I stocked up, and the more interesting ones (the unusual shapes and the squid ink) are what's left from the souvenirs we brought back from our latest holiday.

Pasta Garofalo :okay: one of my fave

If I could tick both boxes I'd go for meat sauce and meatless....sorry, for me meatballs and pasta don't really go together.
But we don't actually eat spaghetti very often though - for light, delicate dishes such as Carbonara or Aglio e Elio I prefer to use linguine, and for more robust sauces like a Ragu I'll use either fettuccine or tagliatelle.

I have a whole cupboard full of pasta, so this thread actually prompted me to do a quick audit of my pasta cupboard as I wasn't sure what I had in there :eek:
View attachment 29202
Turns out I do have a couple of packets of spaghetti: one tricolore and one squid ink. I have a lot of Barilla at the moment because it was on offer at Ocado a couple of months ago so I stocked up, and the more interesting ones (the unusual shapes and the squid ink) are what's left from the souvenirs we brought back from our latest holiday.

If I run out of pasta, can I come to your house & get some?!! Hah!! :wink:

We eat pasta but I cannot remember when we last had spaghetti. If I ate it it would be accompanied by a meat sauce (more than likely beef).

Should my wife eat it it would likely be with a chicken based sauce.

Last edited:
That is strange... you make spaghetti from scratch and put it on pizza? Or maybe you make pizza from scratch and put spaghetti on top? Either way is a new one on me!

Wife buys bases and we put a tin of spaghetti on then cheese then bacon and BBQ sauce. Pretty dam good, even better cold.

Russ

I am a huge fan of Baked spaghetti where partially boiled spaghetti is mixed with spaghetti sauce and traditional Italian baking cheese such as ricotta and then topped with cheese like mozzarella. Then the whole dish is baked until the edges are crisp.

But if you ask for my favorite, I would say a thick and chunky meat sauce. Then I put crumbled Feta cheese on top.
Kinda like this...

Last edited:
I have not yet figured out which is my favorite sauce for spaghetti, even just garlic oil and chilli for me are wonderful, or even with oil (or butter), Parmigiano and pepper. Or with basil pesto.
But what always wins me over is the simple tomato sauce, basil and a bit of grated Parmigiano. More or less like this:

View attachment 29207
Simple and Looks delicious

Back
Top Bottom