Recipe Spanish omelette

Local time
4:16 PM
Omelettes are one of my favourite breakfast meals and they can be made in various forms. See one of the recipes for making a Spanish omelette below.

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 onion
1 tomato (large)
Oil for frying
1 tablespoon salad oil
1 tablespoon raisins (cut up finely)
1 teaspoon olives (cut up finely)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon tomato sauce

Method:

Cook the onion, finely chopped, in the salad oil; add the chopped tomato, raisins, olives, nutmeg and tomato sauce. Remove from heat. Beat egg lightly with 1 teaspoon water and 1/4 teaspoon salt
Make an omelette in another pan frying it in some hot oil. When almost set, lay on the mixture and fold the omelette in 3.
Serve hot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOW6tSSXxFNavFuAwkdrQUWQ56es-wqXgDNgBUu0jSLDBI1X6W.gif

This looks really good. I have had many omelettes but I have never had a Spanish one before. I like the ingredients that are used and I have never had raisins in an omelette before either. I do like raisins though. I will have to give this one a try some time.

Looks good indeed. Raisins and nutmeg? I might just leave those out and maybe it will be an English Omelette? I guess there is no limit to the things you can use to make omelettes.

The addition of raisins is something that I have never seen in a Spanish omelette but I bet it is good. I really like making omelettes as it is a great way to use up odds and ends of meat, cheese veggies and so forth. Frittatas are another good way to use up ingredients when you have a bit of this and that hanging around your kitchen. I love making one that has spinach in it.

Wow! This is interesting having raisins in a breakfast omelette. I love raisins and I am sure this will give a twist to the usual ingredients that I am having for my omelette. Thanks for sharing and I will surely try this one. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom