St. Patrick’s Day 2023

Last night, we joined two of our Neighborhood Couples for St. Patrick's Day supper.
One of the guys said he wanted to pay honor to his brother with the drink of the day special... Irish Car Bomb is what this is called.
I used to chug those. With a shot of Jamison no Baileys.

We’re nearing the end of my SPD posts (though fast approaching my Easter posts). Here are some preliminary afternoon tea pics, taken in between the prep area and the cake stand:

B3959014-C559-48B6-BB19-D06F151A8653.jpeg

Egg-mayonnaise & Cucumber-cream cheese tea sandwiches

966AB2E6-F928-4D71-ABAE-45CAC11F97F0.jpeg

Irish soda…scones

6ABB3049-2D3F-438D-8E69-4605F3A3A837.jpeg

Irish coffee puddings/custards topped with Baileys gelatin(e)

C3A901B4-1A11-4D64-8B22-0A56726BBFD7.jpeg

Banana sponge fingers filled with strawberry jam & vanilla pudding/custard

I’ll post proper pics later, after MrsT sends them to me. 😬

King Charles just called and told me he´s going to knight you. Henceforth, you shall be known as " Sir Tasty Teatime".
I’ll take it, though his standards are slipping. Watching a video on QE2 and her fondness for daily afternoon tea, she would send the Victoria sponge back to the kitchen if the filling was oozing out and down the sides like mine is.

Maybe that’s what he meant by reforming the monarchy - he’s keeping all the cake!

We’re nearing the end of my SPD posts (though fast approaching my Easter posts). Here are some preliminary afternoon tea pics, taken in between the prep area and the cake stand:

View attachment 97519
Egg-mayonnaise & Cucumber-cream cheese tea sandwiches

View attachment 97520
Irish soda…scones

View attachment 97521
Irish coffee puddings/custards topped with Baileys gelatin(e)

View attachment 97522
Banana sponge fingers filled with strawberry jam & vanilla pudding/custard

I’ll post proper pics later, after MrsT sends them to me. 😬

That egg mayonnaise looks a lot like egg salad. :scratchhead:

CD

That egg mayonnaise looks a lot like egg salad. :scratchhead:

CD
It’s probably a smidge different. When I make egg salad, it usually has a little onion in it, a little squirt of mustard, maybe a shake of paprika.

Egg mayonnaise, though, it’s egg and mayonnaise (and a little cress/baby arugula/parsley for color). That’s it.

It’s probably a smidge different. When I make egg salad, it usually has a little onion in it, a little squirt of mustard, maybe a shake of paprika.

Egg mayonnaise, though, it’s egg and mayonnaise (and a little cress/baby arugula/parsley for color). That’s it.

I would definitely have to go "non-authentic" on that one. Just boiled eggs and mayo alone seems pretty bland.

CD

I would definitely have to go "non-authentic" on that one. Just boiled eggs and mayo alone seems pretty bland.

CD
I’m sure the one I make isn’t “authentic,” as every egg mayonnaise sandwich I ever had in the UK had cress in it, but I can’t get cress here, so I substitute in either chives, green onion tops, or parsley (in this case, it was parsley).

Those scones are probably all kinds of wrong - they’re not like UK scones (roundish and tall), and they’re not like US scones (triangular and a bit squat) - they’re drop scones portioned with an ice cream scoop! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom