St. Patrick’s Day 2023

Starting the day off with an appropriate cuppa:

4B54EC7C-E878-4857-828D-257CB57039E7.jpeg

I’ll be posting my weekend St. Pat’s Day cookings here instead of the main thread, starting with some prep for my Dublin coddle, which is in the oven filling the house with the glorious smell of simmering onion, garlic, and pork:

14B34A8A-1701-40B8-AC39-953C52E37A0E.jpeg
F01C07C7-DBEA-40B6-8964-5212E22B1FFE.jpeg

Dublin coddle straight from the oven:

8DCBC933-2CA6-4ADE-9583-9B7C987D0DD2.jpeg

…and stirred up a bit to distribute the layers of onion, pork, leek, herbs, and potatoes:
05775396-952D-4A3A-A262-8006C94E06E0.jpeg

The taste is phenomenal, it’ll be even better tomorrow.

It could have been a little thicker, but I had to hold my potatoes in water, as I did all my prep work first (like a good cook should…except in this case), then read the directions, discovering quite a bit of time between the start and the addition of the potatoes, which were starting to discolor a little.

I may remove a few chunks, mash them up, then stir them back in when I reheat this later tonight.

Dublin coddle straight from the oven:

View attachment 97405

…and stirred up a bit to distribute the layers of onion, pork, leek, herbs, and potatoes:
View attachment 97406

The taste is phenomenal, it’ll be even better tomorrow.

It could have been a little thicker, but I had to hold my potatoes in water, as I did all my prep work first (like a good cook should…except in this case), then read the directions, discovering quite a bit of time between the start and the addition of the potatoes, which were starting to discolor a little.

I may remove a few chunks, mash them up, then stir them back in when I reheat this later tonight.
Did you post a recipe and I missed it? (Please post link if there is one)
:(:(

No pic, but we started with a St. Pat’s Day salad, as it included Irish cheddar and I’d made a Guinness vinaigrette to go with it.

Guinness vinaigrette is, frankly, as bad as it sounds, so I left it off, set it to the side…and promptly knocked it over, all over my cutting board, the sideboard it sits on, down the back, all over the floor, and all over my phone. 😡 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tasty - why is your Guinness purple??
(Now I wish I hadn´t asked that...)
I wondered if anyone would notice that. It’s weird, but here’s the original pic:

980CE129-4F80-49E5-8F4C-EA933778656E.jpeg

I always click the auto-enhance button in the photo app on my iPhone, which usually just brightens the pic a bit, but for whatever reason, this time it made it kind of purple!

I rather liked it, so I left it. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom