St Patrick's Day Food & Drink

Tandoori lamb cutlets for wife and I, daughter and mr7 out for dinner. I'll make some rhaita and tamarind chutney for sides. Pics later.

Russ

I don't do anything special for St Pat's Day. I certainly don't do what millions of my fellow mercans do and eat corned beef and cabbage. No green beer, either.

I was intending to make a Guinness beef stew but my plans got out of step and now I'm making a Vietnamese style dish. I do have the Guinness here though so later on I'll raise a glass. :cheers:

A whole beef brisket (also called a "packer") has two separate sections, the flat and the point, also called the deckle. Most of the "corned beef briskets" we get here are the deckle only.

Well, that makes sense!

I must confess that I can't abide Guinness these days. It used to be all right, but now you are stuck with a "choice" of cold or "extra" cold. This just freezes out any taste at all. This strikes me as being aimed at those type of lager drinkers who don't want their beer to taste of anything.

Much better a pint of O'Hara's Carlow Stout. Now there's an idea...

Love the hat!
Thanks, I got that years ago to wear to Bockfest (arguably the weirdest, wildest beer festival in the country). I was dressed as one of the Lolli-Bock Guild, with elf boots, striped leggings, electric blue knee-pants, a metallic purple paisley shirt, a Willy Wonka-style swirly lollipop as big as my head...and that hat. The theme was "Follow The Yellow Bock Road." I marched in the parade.

I was dressed as one of the Lolli-Bock Guild, with elf boots, striped leggings, electric blue knee-pants, a metallic purple paisley shirt, a Willy Wonka-style swirly lollipop as big as my head...and that hat. The theme was "Follow The Yellow Bock Road." I marched in the parade.

We need pics!

Back
Top Bottom