St Patrick's Day Food & Drink

Thanks, I got that years ago to wear to Bockfest (arguably the weirdest, wildest beer festival in the country). I was dressed as one of the Lolli-Bock Guild, with elf boots, striped leggings, electric blue knee-pants, a metallic purple paisley shirt, a Willy Wonka-style swirly lollipop as big as my head...and that hat. The theme was "Follow The Yellow Bock Road." I marched in the parade.

Somehow, it does not surprise me that you have that hat -- or even that outfit. :scratchhead:

CD

Definitely want to see that Guinness chocolate cake recipe!
Here ya go:

Recipe - Chocolate Stout Cake (And Cream Cheese Frosting)

I'm very, very pleased with this cake. I've mentioned before that cakes are a real problem for me. I've had every issue imaginable, from broken batters to sunken middles, floury bits, dense, etc.

Not this time. Everything worked perfectly, and I was really surprised, as I had to make adjustments along the way, as this is a very basic recipe that doesn't give much in the way of instruction.

Cake rose nicely, sank very little, isn't heavy, dense, or tough, and worked out really well. Quite pleased.

Here ya go:

Recipe - Chocolate Stout Cake (And Cream Cheese Frosting)

I'm very, very pleased with this cake. I've mentioned before that cakes are a real problem for me. I've had every issue imaginable, from broken batters to sunken middles, floury bits, dense, etc.

Not this time. Everything worked perfectly, and I was really surprised, as I had to make adjustments along the way, as this is a very basic recipe that doesn't give much in the way of instruction.

Cake rose nicely, sank very little, isn't heavy, dense, or tough, and worked out really well. Quite pleased.

I would love to be your neighbour, I reckon we'd have a bit of fun, and great food!!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom