• Chopped Sun-dried Tomato in olive oil, 5 to 6
  • Onion, 1
  • White dry wine – half a glass
  • Dried oregano, a teaspoon
  • EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
  • Butter, a knob – 1 tbsp
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste

Method

Finely slice the onions and sauteeing them in a pan with 2 tbsps of Evoo and a knob of butter – a tbsp – stirring often for about 15 mins and adding a little warm water if they tend to dry out.
Once translucent, add the white wine, turn up the heat and let it evaporate.
Add a pinch of salt, pepper, oregano and keep stirring.

Meantime, heat salted water in a pot, pour in the spaghetti as soon as the water boils.

Drain out tinned tuna and break it up into chunks, add it to the sun-dried tomatoes cut into small pieces – or let them whole depending on their size and how you like them – add them to the onions in the pan, stir everything together.

Drain the pasta, add it to the pan with the sauce, stir, serve with a drizzle of Evoo and another pinch of oregano.

Very nice. I like the combo of tuna and sun dried tomatoes. I forgot about sun dried tomatoes (probably because I haven’t seen the sun in Michigan for a long time).

Thank you!
Living in Lombardy, I have the same problem, not a region famous for its sun and tomatoes 🙂
Thanks sun-dried tomato jars 😀

A lovely simple but tasty pasta dish with properly cooked onions! I mention this because I see so many recipes which don't allow enough time for onions to cook until softened. It does take 15 minutes as you say. I like the use of sun dried tomatoes here too.

Back
Top Bottom