Store Bought Snack Foods (Junk Food)

Syders pretzel pieces in onion, mustard, honey flavour.

That and bacon wheat crunchies.

Vegetable crisps are lovely best way to eat beetroot.

Last edited:
My problem with processed chips/crisps, crackers and other "junk food " is not the nutritional label but the ingredient list. When I see ingredients that I can not pronounce my stomach gets queasy.
Last year I had a nice crop of flat leaf Kale. Toss with EVOO, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook on a sheet pan in the oven until crisp. WOW
I have pan roasted Brussels sprouts for years. I always love the leaves that fall off and get crispy. Now I make Brussels sprouts chips
Break the sprouts apart and treat the leaves like Kale.
For a treat sprinkle sprouts or Kale with Nutriential Yeast or grated Parmesan Reggiano.

G loves popcorn. I have finally convinced him to get plain microwave popcorn
Dump into a bowl and season with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast
Sometimes smoked paprika
I use nutritional yeast on vegetables, popcorn in scrambled eggs.
It adds a cheesy, buttery flavor without any Cheese or butter

Kale chips are lovely and so is popcorn. Love these for film night but I'm not a fab of nutritional yeast (but still experimenting).

Once in awhile.

Limon potato chips
Hint of lime tortilla chips
Cheetos cheese puffs
Bugels corn chips
Goldfish crackers

Once in awhile.

Limon potato chips
Hint of lime tortilla chips
Cheetos cheese puffs
Bugels corn chips
Goldfish crackers

Those are what I usually get for my homemade salsa. The recipe varies in flavor and heat level depending on the chilis I use.

We've got a couple of go to snacks in this household. Celery features in the top 3, but that doesn't really apply, in there with it however are air popped fav-va beans, red pepper and chilli flavour and baked black beans (whole pods), smokey paprika flavour. There's a similar green pea pod one in wasabi and another in chilli that sometimes venture into the shopping trolley.

20190610_081304.jpg
Screenshot_20190610-081831_Opera.jpg

Hubby also has a soft spot for Cobbs slightly salted, slightly sweet popcorn. We stopped making our own when my dairy allergy reared its ugly head.

Screenshot_20190610-082158_Opera.jpg

But I restrict consumption to one packet a week (everything seems to have 4-5 servings in them) unless there's a public holiday like today.

Back
Top Bottom