Recipe Strip Steaks with Caramelized Shallot Butter

cookieee

Local time
8:22 PM
DH made this last night for dinner. He gave it a very good, I only gave it a good. I'm not a steak lover like him. lol He also only used 1 steak, but I think he made full recipe for the butter.

Strip Steaks with Caramelized Shallot Butter
1 TB. coarse salt
6 14 to 16 oz. boneless strip steaks, about 1 to 1 1/4" thick

Butter:
1 TB vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped shallot
1/2 tsp. sugar
6 TB. unsalted butter
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 TB. snipped fresh chives

1. Rub the salt over all surfaces of the steaks. Let the steaks sit at room temp . for about 30 minutes.
2. Butter: Warm the oil in a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Stir in the shallots and saute for 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the sugar and continue cooking for about 10 more minutes, until the shallot is very soft and toasty brown. Add the butter and stir occasionally until melted. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce. Keep warm.
3. Grill the steaks over high heat for 2 1/2 minutes per side. Move the steaks to medium heat, turning them again, and continue grilling for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Turn the steaks at least 3 times, more often if juice begins to form on the surface. Rotate a half turn each time for criss-cross grill marks.
4. Plate the steaks. Mix the chives into the melted butter, spoon it over the steaks and serve.

Source: "The Big Book of Outdoor Cooking & Entertaining" Cheryl & Bill Jamison-2006

Back
Top Bottom