Sweet potatoes - do you like them or hate them?

How do you feel about sweet potatoes?

• I love them

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I hate them and would never eat them

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I don't like them but will eat them sometimes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don't feel strongly about them either way

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:32 AM
[Mod.edit: posts moved to new topic (MG)]
Tuna salad sandwiches and air fryer sweet potato fries.
Why did I think you don't like sweet potatoes? I thought it was you and me against the world, kid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did I think you don't like sweet potatoes? I thought it was you and me against the world, kid!

I don’t like sweet potatoes, and having just eaten some, I can assure you, I still don’t like sweet potatoes. :headshake:

There are at least three of us. I don't like them either.

Edit: 4 of us as Windigo also doesn't like them.

I LOVE SWEET POTATOES!!
  • pureed with loads of butter and pepper
  • minced with courgette and onion, Indian spices and besan flour to make pakoras
  • boiled as cubes and served with a garlic dip
  • cooked with lentils and hot spices
(Just to establish a counterposition! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: )

That depends on which country you're asking. Here it's considered a carbohydrate/starch like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc.

But in France for instance it's considered a vegetable and so are regular potatoes.
Yes, here it is considered a starch/carbohydrate but also is considered a vegetable.

I was just gently teasing her (Morning Glory) because I think I remember her saying she didn't know of a vegetable she wouldn't eat, or something along those lines...

I LOVE SWEET POTATOES!!
  • pureed with loads of butter and pepper
  • minced with courgette and onion, Indian spices and besan flour to make pakoras
  • boiled as cubes and served with a garlic dip
  • cooked with lentils and hot spices
(Just to establish a counterposition! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: )
If someone could introduce me to a savory version of it where they could disguise that...that...flavor. It's the same flavor I pick up from cooked carrots, pumpkin, yams, and sweet squashes. It might be the cooked beta carotene that my taste buds dislike so much. IDK.

Add another positive vote for Sweet Potatoes.
I have a bag of frozen cubed Sweet Potato in the deep freeze that I purchased when my Mother was living with us to serve to her. Now that she's in her own apartment, I think I'll make up a Hash with that bag of frozen cubes and she and I can share it.

Add another positive vote for Sweet Potatoes.
I have a bag of frozen cubed Sweet Potato in the deep freeze that I purchased when my Mother was living with us to serve to her. Now that she's in her own apartment, I think I'll make up a Hash with that bag of frozen cubes and she and I can share it.
Your hubby doesn't like? My husband loves them. When I order Texas Roadhouse takeout he always wants me to get him a sweet potato with cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. That's about the only time he gets to have them. I would cook one for him, I don't find them that offensive (as long as they don't pass my lips), but he never asks...

Your hubby doesn't like? My husband loves them. When I order Texas Roadhouse takeout he always wants me to get him a sweet potato with cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. That's about the only time he gets to have them. I would cook one for him, I don't find them that offensive (as long as they don't pass my lips), but he never asks...
No
My Mom always orders the pork chop, sweet potato and green beans at Texas Roadhouse.
She can only eat half of her order, barely, and is very happy to have a second and sometimes third meal out of it.

Back
Top Bottom