Sweet Potatoes.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
9:34 PM
Did anyone know that in addition to being more healthy for you than regular French fries, that if you accidently make something like gravy too salty, that by adding a few pieces of sweet potatoes can make the gravy far less salty? I never knew that until one day, I tried it & was so amazed that a vegetable can cure the wicked saltiness in some foods!! :whistling:

I like sweet potatoes, and they are healthy, but don't think of them when I am shopping.

CD

Yep. But it also adds sweetness, which some people may not like.

I'm not that keen on them for that reason but will eat them, preferably with strong spicing and chillies. I'm not entirely convinced by the idea that sweet potato fries are healthier than potato fries. Or indeed that sweet potatoes are 'healthier' than potatoes.

Note the pointed ends of the sweet potatoes. That is where most of the stringy matter is. The slight sweetness helps to tame the saltiness in overly salted gravy & other foods.:whistling:

I see Healthy used to describe food. Food is either nutritious or not. Food can not be healthy. Only living organisms can be healthy or not,
My personal pet peeve.
Perhaps refer to food as conducive to good health.

I love sweet potatoes. As a Young man George had a sweet potato packing/shipping business.
Savory Sweet Potato Fries are a frequent item in our meals.

Back
Top Bottom