Taco bell in chch. Yay or nay?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:31 PM
I see theres a new 1 near me. (20min ) just being completed. I know muricans here have them. Comments please. What to order??

Russ

Taco Bell is one of those places nearly everyone makes fun of…but nearly everyone eats there.

Probably the cheapest of the fast food chains, so that should tell you something.

My favorite thing was their taco salad, later renamed fiesta salad, later dropped from the menu. :( - my usual order now is the super-cheap plain bean burrito with added sour cream and their basic nachos and cheese sauce.

I have to differ with Tasty, as I don't eat there. To me, Taco Bell is an insult to TexMex cuisine.

Rascal, go ahead and try it. Make up your own mind. It won't kill you, although it might send you running for the toilet as it proceeds though your lower gastro-intestinal tract.

CD

Taco Bell is one of those places nearly everyone makes fun of…but nearly everyone eats there.

Probably the cheapest of the fast food chains, so that should tell you something.

My favorite thing was their taco salad, later renamed fiesta salad, later dropped from the menu. :( - my usual order now is the super-cheap plain bean burrito with added sour cream and their basic nachos and cheese sauce.

Sounds awesome. Thanks

Russ

I have to differ with Tasty, as I don't eat there. To me, Taco Bell is an insult to TexMex cuisine.

Rascal, go ahead and try it. Make up your own mind. It won't kill you, although it might send you running for the toilet as it proceeds though your lower gastro-intestinal tract.

CD
I'm up for trying. Thanks :)

Russ

When I was in high school 40 years ago I always got their bean tostadas and bean burritos, but the tostadas were better to me because of the crunchy corn tortilla shell. I never liked their meat, personally. The hamburger had the consistency of canned dog food, very mushy, maybe it's changed since then, dunno. There were a lot of things I didn't try as they did evolve over the years and I quit eating there after high school. But they have a lot of newer menu items and my kids liked their double decker tacos and crunch wraps. So maybe it's better now than it used to be, to stay competitive it seems like they would have to make improvements. Plus since it's a chain, food is going to vary from location to location anyway and I would think a brand new store is going to do it's best to churn out good food to build a customer base.

I remember that fried flour tortilla bowl. It was good!

I personally don't eat at Taco Bell, at least not in a good, oh 40+ years. And I too loved the Taco Salad back in the day, but I don't recall the ground beef being mushy in that dish, but in others that they offered.
But I do agree, try it rascal, ya neva know, maybe this will be your new hang out with Butcher.
>edit: HEH! I just "giggled" best things to eat at Taco Bell, I did not know that you can replace the ground Beef with Black Beans!

I personally don't eat at Taco Bell, at least not in a good, oh 40+ years. And I too loved the Taco Salad back in the day, but I don't recall the ground beef being mushy in that dish, but in others that they offered.
But I do agree, try it rascal, ya neva know, maybe this will be your new hang out with Butcher.
>edit: HEH! I just "giggled" best things to eat at Taco Bell, I did not know that you can replace the ground Beef with Black Beans!

What does Taco Bell normally replace their beef with? :scratchhead:

CD

Back
Top Bottom