Taco bell in chch. Yay or nay?

If a person can't make better food than a fast food restaurant. then some cooking classes are in order. I've never been to a Popeye's either. I'm not much of a fan of fast food with Panera being the major exception. Despite being a national chain they make very good food. I go there on purpose. I only go to Arby's when I am out and about alone. It is hard to get sandwiches there that aren't soggy. They have good ingredients and good recipes and bad cooks.
The only thing about Panera is that it isn't really fast food, not the same way that McD's, BK, or the chicken places mentioned. The same with Chipotle. They both follow a fast casual (quick serve) concept rather than that of fast food.

I work freelance for a few market research companies and I get paid to evaluate some restaurants (from fast food to fast casual to fine dining). I opted out of completing a lot of the fast food restaurants because it's unhealthy and I can make it better at home. During the pandemic, many of those chains halted the programs but some are beginning to start back up again. They can't pay me enough to eat at McDonald's! I did some Arby's evaluations several years ago and really enjoyed some of their salads and sandwiches, but like many chains, it can vary vastly from location to location.

What is chch?

I dont eat fast food anymore, but when I did, Taco Bell was my top choice, especially when I was vegetarian. That cheesy bean and rice burrito was delicious. There are lots of meat-free options that don't feel like you're missing anything or eating a disgusting meat replacement.

What is chch?

I dont eat fast food anymore, but when I did, Taco Bell was my top choice, especially when I was vegetarian. That cheesy bean and rice burrito was delicious. There are lots of meat-free options that don't feel like you're missing anything or eating a disgusting meat replacement.
Christchurch New Zealand is where Russ (rascal) lives.

I used to like the Taco Bell tostadas with just the beans, cheese, and lettuce (or the supreme with tomatoes and sour cream added). I always thought their meat resembled the texture and smell of dog food (and I can only imagine that dog food might taste a little better).

I'm up for trying. Thanks :)

Russ
Like TR wrote, the bean burritos are pretty good. Honestly I have no idea if the meat has improved or not because I haven't eaten any of their meat offerings since 1976.

The only thing about Panera is that it isn't really fast food, not the same way that McD's, BK, or the chicken places mentioned. The same with Chipotle. They both follow a fast casual (quick serve) concept rather than that of fast food.

I work freelance for a few market research companies and I get paid to evaluate some restaurants (from fast food to fast casual to fine dining). I opted out of completing a lot of the fast food restaurants because it's unhealthy and I can make it better at home. During the pandemic, many of those chains halted the programs but some are beginning to start back up again. They can't pay me enough to eat at McDonald's! I did some Arby's evaluations several years ago and really enjoyed some of their salads and sandwiches, but like many chains, it can vary vastly from location to location.
That is true. Panera makes the meals to order unlike the others. But it is the same system. order, pay, wait and take your food to a table. Their food is actually good. I particularly like the flatbread pizzas. I've made many flatbread pizzas at home after learning about them at Panera. I haven't been in a McDonalds in decades. Nothing there for me. Arby's has some variety in the available sandwiches but most of them are made and served soggy. I prefer to eat at home always. Subway put a lot of new items on the menu recently and I tried one a few months ago. Soggy. I don't know what it is about fast food restaurants. I do recommend Panera.

That is true. Panera makes the meals to order unlike the others. But it is the same system. order, pay, wait and take your food to a table. Their food is actually good. I particularly like the flatbread pizzas. I've made many flatbread pizzas at home after learning about them at Panera. I haven't been in a McDonalds in decades. Nothing there for me. Arby's has some variety in the available sandwiches but most of them are made and served soggy. I prefer to eat at home always. Subway put a lot of new items on the menu recently and I tried one a few months ago. Soggy. I don't know what it is about fast food restaurants. I do recommend Panera.
Again, it sometimes has to do with it being a chain and some locations will be better than others. I don't like Subway's meat, but I haven't eaten there in a very long time (at least 10 years). McDonald's much, much longer! I would literally have to be starving with no other food options and that's not likely to ever happen, LOL! I like Panera just fine, but haven't eaten there in probably 5 years. My youngest daughter was a manager there when she graduated from high school and was in college.

I would argue (mostly from the comments of trusted friends- I can't sample many of the products) Culver's and Chick-Fil-A as the best American fast food.

I'm with you on Culver's. They have good food. You lost me on Chik-fil-a. Bland, undersized and overpriced. Did I mention bland?

Do you not have Popeyes? That's a serious chicken sandwich. :okay:

CD

Culver’s is ok, I don’t mind them, a little pricey for fast food, but they have fried cheese curds, so that’s good.

I’ve never in my life understood the near-mania some folks have over Chick-fil-A - dry-as-a-bone chicken sandwich, a slice of dill pickle, and a squeeze tube of mayonnaise, if you want to dress it up a bit. They do have waffle fries, so there’s that, I guess.

If I want a deep-fried breaded chicken sandwich, there’s only one place I’m interested in, and that’s Popeye’s. Everywhere else should just give up. :laugh:

CFA waffle fries have NO seasoning. You can add salt and pepper yourself, but seasoning of fires MUST be done right out of the fryer, or there is no point. It will just fall off.

CD

If a person can't make better food than a fast food restaurant. then some cooking classes are in order. I've never been to a Popeye's either. I'm not much of a fan of fast food with Panera being the major exception. Despite being a national chain they make very good food. I go there on purpose. I only go to Arby's when I am out and about alone. It is hard to get sandwiches there that aren't soggy. They have good ingredients and good recipes and bad cooks.

Fast food, for most of us on this forum, is more of a "need something to eat, and can't go home" kind of thing. That and "no time for a sit down restaurant meal." Although, some of us get cravings from time to time. For me, it is a Whataburger or a Popeyes chicken sandwich.

I'm okay with Panera, as far as taste. But, they use something in their foods that causes severe gastro-intestinal distress in me. I have no idea what it is.

CD

I'm with you on Culver's. They have good food. You lost me on Chik-fil-a. Bland, undersized and overpriced. Did I mention bland?

Do you not have Popeyes? That's a serious chicken sandwich. :okay:

CD
I have nothing near me. Closest fast food to here is a county over. There's nothing at Chik-fil-A that I can eat, but if I'm traveling and there's a Culvers, inevitably a thousand calories of deep fried cheese curds will be incipient blood vessel cloggers.

I have nothing near me. Closest fast food to here is a county over. There's nothing at Chik-fil-A that I can eat, but if I'm traveling and there's a Culvers, inevitably a thousand calories of deep fried cheese curds will be incipient blood vessel cloggers.

Don't forget a good serving of frozen custard for dessert. :laugh:

CD

Fast food, for most of us on this forum, is more of a "need something to eat, and can't go home" kind of thing. That and "no time for a sit down restaurant meal." Although, some of us get cravings from time to time. For me, it is a Whataburger or a Popeyes chicken sandwich.

I'm okay with Panera, as far as taste. But, they use something in their foods that causes severe gastro-intestinal distress in me. I have no idea what it is.

CD
I used to love Whataburger (when I was in my 20s) at 4 a.m. after leaving the bars.

The one thing that I HATED about them was the time when they had advertised this big Taco on TV. It showed about a ton of ground beef in tomato sauce & not much lettuce. I was in a rush to get one!! Got there & i found out that it was all just a hyped! A damn tease!!!! It was mostly lettuce and a very little amount of meat!!! Talk about someone being pissed, I was HEATED!!!! I never fell for that crap again!!! Yeah, I go for a soft taco now & then, but One thing that i truly learned about is Don't believe the hype!!! They'll put an ad on TV, making you think that whatever they're offering is to get you to the door, then you find out that you've been screwed, cheated & fooled into thinking that it's a Bargen, only to find out otherwise!!!!!! :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom