Taco bell in chch. Yay or nay?

Our granddaughter loves custard. Shes had it since a toddler. She used to say pustard, she couldn't say it. We still all call it pustard. Lol.

Russ

It may not be the same thing as frozen custard, which is Midwest US thing. It is a type of ice cream that has egg yolks added to the cream and sugar mixture.

1686622120765.png

CD

We have it as a powder. Just add milk and sugar.
I prefer a proper brulee. I make these regularly.
Reminds me I need another gas canister .

Russ

Yeah, that is a different kind of custard. I love a creme brûlée, too. I've never made one, but sometimes order it at restaurants, if they have it.

CD

Our granddaughter loves custard. Shes had it since a toddler. She used to say pustard, she couldn't say it. We still all call it pustard. Lol.

Russ
In the US custard is like ice cream.

9111-3-large.jpg

Fast food, for most of us on this forum, is more of a "need something to eat, and can't go home" kind of thing. That and "no time for a sit down restaurant meal." Although, some of us get cravings from time to time. For me, it is a Whataburger or a Popeyes chicken sandwich.

I'm okay with Panera, as far as taste. But, they use something in their foods that causes severe gastro-intestinal distress in me. I have no idea what it is.

CD
No reason to eat at a restaurant that makes you feel sick. I've never been to Popeyes and I have never seen a Whataburger. The best fast food hamburgers in my experience can be found at In-N-Out, a West Coast company. They aren't available where I live but I do visit them when I am in California or Nevada. The Las Vegas In-N-Out has long lines at lunch time.

Have to confess I have NEVER eaten in Taco Bell. Fast food in the 1970s London was a Chinese Takeaway, a hot dog on the streets of Soho, fish & Chips, or a kebab up the Tottenham Court Road. The first McDs only appeared in 1974.
My introduction to Fast Food only came in the 1980s, when I was in Caracas. McDs, then KFC , Burger King and Wendy's. There are a few more places (Church's Chicken?) that sell odds and ends (Chinese), Pizza Hut and Subways, of course, and the revolting sickly Cinnamon Roll place. No Taco Bell, but surprisingly, no authentic Mexican food either. All Tex Mex.

No reason to eat at a restaurant that makes you feel sick. I've never been to Popeyes and I have never seen a Whataburger. The best fast food hamburgers in my experience can be found at In-N-Out, a West Coast company. They aren't available where I live but I do visit them when I am in California or Nevada. The Las Vegas In-N-Out has long lines at lunch time.

Whataburger, until a few years ago, was a Texas-only chain, like In-and -Out Burger was in California. Whataburger is expanding now, under new ownership. Here in Frisco, we have both chains. I prefer Whataburger.

I have a customer based in Indiana. When they come down here for big photoshoots, they always get Whataburger at least once.

Whataburger - Wikipedia

CD

Whataburger, until a few years ago, was a Texas-only chain, like In-and -Out Burger was in California. Whataburger is expanding now, under new ownership. Here in Frisco, we have both chains. I prefer Whataburger.

I have a customer based in Indiana. When they come down here for big photoshoots, they always get Whataburger at least once.

Whataburger - Wikipedia

CD
I was eating at Whataburger in Florida in the 1980s but they were there for much longer. They had one in Fort Walton Beach and one in Pensacola. probably other cities too. The one in Pensacola opened in 1959. The Pensacola location closed but the FWB location is still there.

Edit; yup, still there and added more locations.
Screenshot_20230613-113052_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Whataburger - Wikipedia

CD
Next time I'm in Texas I will give it a try.

Have to confess I have NEVER eaten in Taco Bell. Fast food in the 1970s London was a Chinese Takeaway, a hot dog on the streets of Soho, fish & Chips, or a kebab up the Tottenham Court Road. The first McDs only appeared in 1974.
Sounds healthier than most fast food.
My introduction to Fast Food only came in the 1980s, when I was in Caracas. McDs, then KFC , Burger King and Wendy's. There are a few more places (Church's Chicken?) that sell odds and ends (Chinese), Pizza Hut and Subways, of course, and the revolting sickly Cinnamon Roll place. No Taco Bell, but surprisingly, no authentic Mexican food either. All Tex Mex.
I think you understand American fast food well enough with your list.

There are a few more places (Church's Chicken?)

I haven't had it in years because there's not 1 close to us, but Church's Chicken used to have the best fried chicken other than my grandmother's, a farm wife. The sides they served were ehh, but loved the chicken. Not healthy obviously, but was good for a treat.

Next time I'm in Texas I will give it a try.

You must. It is like when In-and-Out was only in California, so it was a must do when you visited their.

Neither is a "gourmet" burger. But they are both "experiences" in regional eating, although IAO is everywhere now, it seems.

CD

Back
Top Bottom