Forum GOD!
Local time
11:26 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Serves 4

• 350 g of dried egg tagliatelle
  • 200 g of champignon mushrooms
  • vegetable broth (1 carrot, 1 onion, celery and some stems of mushrooms)
  • 20 g of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 sprig of fresh parsley
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste

Method

In a pot prepare the vegetable broth and bring to boil it. Clean mushrooms with a cloth and chop them into slices. Set aside some stems and put them in the broth.

Chop finely the parsley (keep aside a little parsley to add to the finished recipe).
In a large pan, pour the oil, add the peeled crushed clove of garlic and some chopped parsley and cook for a couple of minutes.

Add the mushrooms and cook for about ten minutes on low flame and add a pinch of salt and black pepper.

When the pot with veg. broth starts boil, pour tagliatelle and cook for the time indicated in the package - for a few minutes/usually 3/4 minutes - .

Drain tagliatelle "al dente" and put them in the pan with the mushrooms. To avoid that tagliatelle be too dry, while mixing it with mushrooms, add the mushrooms broth at a time to get the right creaminess.

Remove the pan from the fire and put a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese and garnish with some chopped parsley and some black pepper. Serve up.

Tagliatelle with champignons.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I haven't made pasta in a while, but this might be the inspiration I need to change that. I think the reason I haven't is because I struggle with what to put on the pasta. I'm getting tired of red sauces. so I frequently make a pesto, but I'm even getting tired of that. But, this is something that I haven't tried yet, strangely enough: a sauce that highlights the mushroom! :chef:

Very nice. I haven't made pasta in a while, but this might be the inspiration I need to change that. I think the reason I haven't is because I struggle with what to put on the pasta. I'm getting tired of red sauces. so I frequently make a pesto, but I'm even getting tired of that. But, this is something that I haven't tried yet, strangely enough: a sauce that highlights the mushroom! :chef:

Tagliatelle with mushrooms is a very famous main course in Italy. Someone add also sausage in this recipe. The mushrooms could be also porcini...but I'm not a fan about porcini, I prefer Champignon. I often prepare pasta only with cherry tomatoes and fresh leaves of basil..fast and easy to do. So do you make on your own pesto? Basil pesto? Very good!

Tagliatelle with mushrooms is a very famous main course in Italy. Someone add also sausage in this recipe. The mushrooms could be also porcini...but I'm not a fan about porcini, I prefer Champignon. I often prepare pasta only with cherry tomatoes and fresh leaves of basil..fast and easy to do. So do you make on your own pesto? Basil pesto? Very good!
I normally make a pesto with basil, pine nuts, parmigiano reggiano, garlic, and olive oil. But, I sometime experiment with different components (like walnuts instead of pine nuts, cilantro instead of basil, and asiago instead of parmigiano reggiano). It's hard to go wrong if you make small changes to the components.

I normally make a pesto with basil, pine nuts, parmigiano reggiano, garlic, and olive oil. But, I sometime experiment with different components (like walnuts instead of pine nuts, cilantro instead of basil, and asiago instead of parmigiano reggiano). It's hard to go wrong if you make small changes to the components.

Ah that's sure also for me. Sometimes I use walnuts too instead of pine nuts, but I've never tried with Asiago instead of parmigiano. I will try. Once I made pesto with rocket salad instead of basil...not bad!

Ah that's sure also for me. Sometimes I use walnuts too instead of pine nuts, but I've never tried with Asiago instead of parmigiano. I will try. Once I made pesto with rocket salad instead of basil...not bad!
Rocket (which we call arugula in the States) provides a peppery character that sounds fantastic for a pesto. I think you've just given me the push I need for my next pesto! :)

W aragula! :thumbsup:

I've decided that there's no good way to show just a sauce by itself, so here it is. I made this pesto using your idea, with arugula (rocket), pine nuts, parmigiano reggiano, garlic, olive oil, and a little bit of salt. I love the flavor: it's only slightly more assertive than a basil-based pesto, but I can tell the difference.

IMG_0734.JPG

I've decided that there's no good way to show just a sauce by itself, so here it is. I made this pesto using your idea, with arugula (rocket), pine nuts, parmigiano reggiano, garlic, olive oil, and a little bit of salt. I love the flavor: it's only slightly more assertive than a basil-based pesto, but I can tell the difference.

View attachment 7081

:thumbsup: I'm glad you like it .. it will be because I love the aragula/rocket salad (absolutely not seasoned, or at least with a little of evoo and some lemon juice) and when I prepared the pesto with rocket, it satisfied me. Of course, pesto with basil is just another thing, but this is an interesting diversion.

Back
Top Bottom