Tastes change over the years.

Gulf oysters are selling online for $60-$70 dollars (US) for a 30 pound sack, which will have 80-100 oysters, depending on the size of the oysters. One place is selling exactly 100 oysters for $93.

CD
Depending on the size and weight of the darned shells, you mean. I really, really need to get my time transporter back in operation...if I can go back to the 70s, I may never come back!

I'm definitely a '70's freak - I love almost everything about the decade...yes, even disco. 🕺

CD
The price of fresh seafood pains me. Seriously. I live at the source. Oysters, shrimp, crawfish, crabs and gulf fish are ridiculously expensive when you consider that it is local. No huge shipping fees. Only a few miles from processing plant to market. I can purchase flash frozen seafood from the New England states or the north western states for the the same price or less per pound than what I pay for fresh, local seafood. What the heck?

Back to the topic. My taste has changed hugely. I used to live on processed foods and frozen dinners. Canned soups and veggies instead of fresh or fresh frozen.
My taste buds have changed. I can not tolerate artificial flavoring or sweeteners. Gag me.

CD
The price of fresh seafood pains me. Seriously. I live at the source. Oysters, shrimp, crawfish, crabs and gulf fish are ridiculously expensive when you consider that it is local. No huge shipping fees. Only a few miles from processing plant to market. I can purchase flash frozen seafood from the New England states or the north western states for the the same price or less per pound than what I pay for fresh, local seafood. What the heck?

Back to the topic. My taste has changed hugely. I used to live on processed foods and frozen dinners. Canned soups and veggies instead of fresh or fresh frozen.
My taste buds have changed. I can not tolerate artificial flavoring or sweeteners. Gag me.

I can get cheap seafood, including shrimp, but it is farm raised in countries with dubious regulations.

CD

Are Men At Work still around? I'm more of an AC/DC kinda' guy.

CD
loI. I don't know. If it's not John Denver, ABBA, Enya, Clannad, Loreena McKennitt or a few others it means nothing to me...

However hubby just rang from the shopping center and explained "A land Down Under"...
Apparently right now TR would be at home... all they playing is Christmas music.

Company Christmas party this Saturday has been cancelled, not that we go anyway but I think there will be some disappointed people but the boss has a duty of care.

I like them quite a lot but it has to be said (same with liver) its not something I want to eat every week.

The biggest leap for me was that as a kid, fish and seafood didn't feature at, all aside from battered fish 'n chips from the fish and chip shop. It took a long time for me to try eating shellfish - but once I did, I was hooked. Oysters now rank as one of my top ten foods.

I have always liked liver but kidney has been a recent revelation.

Back
Top Bottom