Tea & coffee cups & mugs

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
5:35 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
I tend to collect mugs and cups for my tea, because I enjoy looking at something pretty when I drink my tea. It's a relaxing ritual for me that deserves it's special tools.
Recently I bought two Halloween mugs to add to my collection.
243859558_4097090673750798_3030828689485463774_n.jpg

A pumpkin mug

A zombie mug

Will post more of my collection if others are interested as well.

I think that second one may be more of a Frankenstein mug. <What?!?! No Frankenstein emoji yet?!?!>

I'm not even going to start with posting pics of mugs. My wife has hundreds. Most are packed away in boxes. I wish she'd get rid of most of them, frankly, as they just take up space.

I think that second one may be more of a Frankenstein mug. <What?!?! No Frankenstein emoji yet?!?!>

I'm not even going to start with posting pics of mugs. My wife has hundreds. Most are packed away in boxes. I wish she'd get rid of most of them, frankly, as they just take up space.
OK, that may be a little excessive. My collection consists of 10 mugs & cups 😄

Blimey! One thing I know is that there is no point in having anything packed away in a box unless its worth something (or possibly a family heirloom).

I'm a bit of a purist where mugs are concerned and rather dislike quirky mugs. Its elegance and simplicity for me. I have quite a few my daughter bought which I really don't like. She no longer lives here. Hmmm... maybe I should give her an ultimatum.

My wife and I recently made a pact to stop getting "one-of" cups/mugs, that is, we would stop buying glasses or mugs that don't belong in the set. I guess she wanted our kitchen to look our age and not reflect the inner child :roflmao:
That said, I have a few favorites, I'll post up later.
I can see the reasoning for that. However, I will indulge my inner child anyway 😄

I tend to collect mugs and cups for my tea, because I enjoy looking at something pretty when I drink my tea. It's a relaxing ritual for me that deserves it's special tools.
View attachment 72469
A pumpkin mug
View attachment 72470
A zombie mug

View attachment 72469
A pumpkin mug
View attachment 72470
A zombie mug

Those look cute!! Especially the orange & black one!! Here's mine - a Reese's orange one! Got it from Hershey Park. :whistling:

I've a particular issue with mugs - I like a very thin rim which is very difficult to find unless its bone china. Bone china mugs with aesthetic designs are far and few between. Most are very old fashioned looking and chintzy. Currently I have one mug from which I'm prepared to drink tea. I'll post a photo tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom