Tell Us About Your Culinary Bucket List

I've had pizza in Napoli (Naples). It was a cool experience.

I figured your travel bucket list would be 1.England, 2. England, 3. England, 4. England... and so on. :D

CD

Funnily enough so is mine.. and I'm already here! Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck is on the list.

I think I've said before that I am trying to cook various cuisines from around the world. Yes.

But there are some things that I just plain miss out on during the pandemic and after moving further south from the metropolitan Bay Area. Among these are gyro sandwiches. I have been craving for a gyro. And the L&L Hawaiian Barbecue restaurant up in Milpitas has been sorely missed. San Jose's Fish Market restaurant has also been a fav of mine that I haven't been to in ages.

There are some things that I have hunted down on the web and cooked up this year, but I have yet to really make any stunning sushi meals and there is much to be missed there. There is a Japanese restaurant in the Cupertino area that is just too hard to not visit for so long a time. And I have recently mentioned dim sum.

So, I suppose, getting up north to drop in on these various restaurants would be on my bucket list, along with my continued exploration of global cuisines. But I'm not sure I want to make the trip just yet.

I figured your travel bucket list would be 1.England, 2. England, 3. England, 4. England... and so on. :D

CD
I suppose in a way it's evolved to that. I used to have quite a lengthy one, still Europe-centric, but the older I get without having done those things, they've sort of fallen off the list, as in, "Do I really want to ride a train across the Swiss Alps? Seems like a lot of trouble when I could just go to England and sit in a pub." :laugh:

I have been fortunate to travel and cross a few off my bucket list, but I still have a long list. These 3 spring to mind immediately:
- I want to enjoy authentic Poke in Hawaii. I've made poke with local tuna I've caught here in Florida, but never having had the real thing or been to Hawaii, I would very much like to go and accomplish both.
- One day in the far future, I want to visit South Korea and eat pretty much everything in sight 😅 but perhaps would be most looking forward to any dish containing Hanwoo Beef.
- I want to try Haggis and enjoy some steak pies and drink Scotch Whisky in Scotland. Hoping to cross this one off the bucket list next spring.

Here´s my back porch::hyper::hyper::hyper:
1640896794857.png

Back
Top Bottom