Thai chicken salad

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:42 AM
family coming tomorrow so I'm making the above salad, a fave with the kids grandkids. Pics will follow but it includes a store bought pre cooked chicken. I'm going for quick and easy. Lettuce I use is baby salad leaves and some iceberg I have grown here, I add sticks of cucumber, grated carrot, diced red onion, mixed shoots, fresh basil and cilantro then mixed in my Thai dressing. Shredded chicken added then crispy dry noodles. I have friends that have eaten my Thai salad and don't order it from restaurants now as they say it's never as good as mine. The dressing is garlic, Ginger, ketchup manis, brown sugar, plain soy, rice wine vinegar and I use a store bought Thai dressing which is really tasteless but I use it as a carrier for the other flavours. The store bought one is quite thick so it's really good with my additives. I've experimented over the years to get it right.

Russ

family coming tomorrow so I'm making the above salad, a fave with the kids grandkids. Pics will follow but it includes a store bought pre cooked chicken. I'm going for quick and easy. Lettuce I use is baby salad leaves and some iceberg I have grown here, I add sticks of cucumber, grated carrot, diced red onion, mixed shoots, fresh basil and cilantro then mixed in my Thai dressing. Shredded chicken added then crispy dry noodles. I have friends that have eaten my Thai salad and don't order it from restaurants now as they say it's never as good as mine. The dressing is garlic, Ginger, ketchup manis, brown sugar, plain soy, rice wine vinegar and I use a store bought Thai dressing which is really tasteless but I use it as a carrier for the other flavours. The store bought one is quite thick so it's really good with my additives. I've experimented over the years to get it right.

Russ

Sounds rather good - toss a few grapes in there and you have an entry for the Recipe Challenge!

I wouldn't use a store bought pre cooked chicken as its so easy to make your own - but I know you have been busy of late. How do you make the crispy noodles? I haven't ever made them.

I used to add Mandarin oranges. Have not made it in a long time. Have to put it on the menu again. Thanks, Rascal.

Sounds rather good - toss a few grapes in there and you have an entry for the Recipe Challenge!

I wouldn't use a store bought pre cooked chicken as its so easy to make your own - but I know you have been busy of late. How do you make the crispy noodles? I haven't ever made them.
Store bought, cheap as chips, I'll put a pic up later. Havnt been to the supermarket yet, watching horse racing ATM.
:)

Russ

Russ

Do you have the recipe for it? Or can we just eyeball it? :wink:

image.jpeg
And also limes for the dressing.

Russ

None left over, son and d.i.l took enough for their lunch home with them. The dressing was a bit thicker than normal but still really great.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom