Thanksgiving 2022

Hazelnut streusel to scatter over my pumpkin pie:

There’s still a maple-buttermilk sauce to make for that as well.

We've made the green bean casserole, minus the toasty onion things, and the pumpkin pies are in the oven. I'll make the mashed potatoes tonight, and make the stuffing tomorrow while the bird is in the oven. I do all the Thanksgiving morning cooking, while my sister goes to pick up my mom and her dog. We'll go visit my dad, and bring him some pie in the afternoon.

CD

Just order too much food, and ask for a to-go box (I miss when they were called doggie bags).

And, the upside is that along with no leftovers, you also have no pots, pans and dishes to be washed.

CD
It's a buffet, not real happy about that but it is what it is... we three were a last minute addition to the table, so ...

So we´re off next door for Thanksgiving. There´s going to be about 20 of us, so it´ll definitely be a fun day/afternoon/evening dinner, whatever time it is. It´ll be the first time since 1974 (Charlottesville, VA) I had a full blown Thanksgiving in the US of A. I was charged with bringing a vegetable (hence the sprouts), an appetizer (blue cheese and cheddar cheese straws) and the salad dressing. I´m also taking some homemade cranberry jelly. Really looking forward to this...

Back
Top Bottom