Thanksgiving 2023

I kinda feel guilty that I'm not making the family favorites, but I can always do some of the dishes in piece meal, like Grandma Eva's Stuffing Casserole morphed into Stuffin' Muffins for the freezer.
View attachment 107082
I do have a coupla Turkey loins in the deep freeze as well... just not now.

Guilt shmilt!! A pointless negative emotion most of us are prone to but to what benefit? You do the best you can with what's in front of you and that has to include looking after yourself somewhere in the mix, pats on the back for handling things is what I say 🙂

You’ve had a lot going on the last several months, so no feeling guilty for easing up a little bit, you deserve it.
TRUE DAT!!!
I first got sick on April 29th, I remember vividly the date and time! And it was down hill from there until recently.
As my PCP said several times to me over the course of these SEVEN MONTHS, give yourself grace ... I want to cry every time I even think about that ... give yourself grace.
Guilt shmilt!! A pointless negative emotion most of us are prone to but to what benefit? You do the best you can with what's in front of you and that has to include looking after yourself somewhere in the mix, pats on the back for handling things is what I say 🙂
So true SandwichShortOfAPicnic, ya gotta do what ya gotta do and right now, I'm not doing a whole big bunch and I certainly couldn't make a multi-course dinner for anyone!

thanksgiving lunch menu.JPG

Mom gave me a copy of the menu for lunch at Senior Living Community ... I'll try just a little bit of the items checked, and btw, if you want, you do exactly this, give it to an employee and they will get a plate for you !!!
I'll take the offered cocktail, but just the Sparkling Wine part of it please.
I might have some of that Mixed Autumn Greens, but we'll see what it looks like.

I'm also going to place a copy of this adorable game in front of each the of six diners at our table, along with a coupla cups of colored pencils.

I-Spy-Back-Thanksgiving.jpeg

Ya know, ya gotta keep the kids entertained :laugh:
I might even go over to See's Candies and pick up six Chocolate Turkeys too.
milk-chocolate-turkey.jpg

I'm also going to place a copy of this adorable game in front of each the of six diners at our table, along with a coupla cups of colored pencils.

View attachment 107163

Ya know, ya gotta keep the kids entertained :laugh:
I might even go over to See's Candies and pick up six Chocolate Turkeys too.
View attachment 107162
Haha, I have those chocolate turkeys out on my table, one on each plate!

I’ve got as much prepped or cooked as I can for tomorrow, and a whole hour before I go to bed. Yipeee!

My job tomorrow is to roast the turkey. My sister has the other stuff we always have covered. That is all made from canned goods. I don't do that.

CD

My job tomorrow is to roast the turkey.
That’s my main thing - shouldn’t be too bad. The rest is mainly reheat or finish baking.

My thing is just orchestrating it all, and that’s hard enough when it’s just the two of us, but my sis, god love her…she’s like the Tasmanian Devil on speed. She can be a bit distracting.

I prepped a porchetta style turkey breast yesterday and what a job that was. I really hope that work will be worth it.

Ina Garten's fennel, onion, gruyere, potato dish plus Craig's Brussel sprouts are on the menu. I have the stuff to make a pecan pie, but don't know if that will get made today. We'll see.

The bird is in the oven. Stuffed with lemon and onion chunks, fresh rosemary, thyme and a head of garlic.

CD

Cheese spread out and coming up to room temp, pickles and olives out, and having a pre-snack perry - about to get going on the turkey.

Sausage-stuffed devils on horseback in the oven, too.

Back
Top Bottom