Thanksgiving Meal 2020

th.gif

...to everyone! ❤ ❤ ❤ 🍗🍗🍗 ❤ ❤ ❤

The turkey was slightly overcooked, but not terribly so, and the skin was finally as crispy as I like. :laugh:

Scalloped potatoes (done in the slow cooker) were top-shelf, just wonderful. Sweet potatoes were yuck, but that would describe the best of sweet potatoes anyway. These were mashed with green onions, parsley, s & p, sour cream, and butter.

Stuffing was also magnificent. Once it sits overnight in the fridge, I'll patty it and fry it as a side. Gravy was the best I've ever made, and the relish was also good. Nice maple flavor.

Corn was middle-of-the-road; also done in the slow cooker, and made with cream, cream cheese, and butter, among other things.

That knot roll in the middle...that came from Walmart of all places, last-minute decision. It's a bit...unfortunate.

I made the cold spinach dip and some saurkraut balls last night, we will be snacking on that shortly and having spaghetti for dinner. Hubby doesn't like turkey and I don't like ham, so no point in cooking "normal" Thanksgiving meat items, since it's just the two of us.

Is a similar meal eaten on Christmas Day in the US? It is very similar to what we would eat in the UK:
Turkey or goose
Stuffing made with breadcrumbs, fresh herbs, dried fruit, occasionally sausagemeat
Bread sauce, made with milk flavoured with a clove studded onion
Pigs in blankets
Mashed potato
Sprouts with chestnuts
Red cabbage
Carrots
Peas
Gravy made from the meat juices.
At our house we do a standing prime rib roast for Christmas. Or at least we always did in previous years. I guess I can just do a thick bone-in ribeye steak for the two of us.

Back
Top Bottom